ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was reading on zhome.com in the turbo swapping into a n/a z, and they said the n/a FI runners are like 2mm smaller than the zxt FI intake runners. If i used a 240sx thorrotle body would that compensate for that??

· Registered
1,784 Posts
Zhome is wrong. i have a turbo intake and an N42 side by side on my bench right now. The runner length and ID is the same. There are some injector mounting thread bosses intruding into the ends of the N42 runners, but they should be easy to sand down and reseal.

· Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh allrighty then... well thank you for replying.

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
Same as I found!

I also laid them on a bench side-by-side.
The only advantage you get with a Turbo manifold is that is has the idle control AAC on it, and that only matters if you use the stock ECU.
I used the Non-Egr 75 Maanifold I had, and sanded out the injector mounting bolt bosses that protrude into the runner at the lower end. Only a few of them opened to the threaded hole, but I installed all the bolts for the injector hold-downs with sealer just to be sure.
BTW, the upper part of that manifold (N42?) also has some very disturbing BUMPS at the TOP of the inlet runners, also! They are almost the size of a dime in diameter, and protrude up in to the runner enough that I removed them---Extrude-honing really would come in handy for that procedure...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.