ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to install triple webers on my 240 with a zx dist with vac adv and crane hi6 what will i have to do to eliminate the vac adv and what all mods will i have to do to get the webers going any info will be helpful thanks dan hopper i have seen some post about having to adjust the timing for the webers what do i need to set at thanks

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Re: zx dist with vac adv and hi6 with triple weber

If you're going to use the vac adv, be sure to check the diaphram regularly. What I've been told is that with the reversion caused by individual runners that you get gas going up the vac adv tube where it eats away the diaphram, causing a vac leak and potentialy a melted piston. That's what happened to me. 10.5:1 compression, timing too far advanced and the vac leak all came together to melt my piston. But anyway, I was told not to even use the vac adv, so I don't any more. The car runs fine without it.

My timing is set to 12º adv at idle. Cams and things will come into play when setting timing.

Good luck

And piss-off Tony D, I know you're going to have something to say about this. :)
(he's a friend, and is constantly teasing me about blowing head gaskets)

·
Registered
187 Posts

I also do not use the vac. advance. I have a good street cam and hi compression. If I have the advance vac line hooked up the car would loose power around 5000 rpm. If I unhook the vac advance the the tach will bury and my car will pull 7000 easily. I also dismantled the distributor and spot welded on the advance weights so they would not spread apart all the way. The result was about a 10 degree degrease in advance mechanical timing. I have the timing a 15 degrees at idle, that's where my car likes it. The only thing is I am EFI. Most guys that race don't run vac advance,it is not good for performance.Kirk

·
Registered
187 Posts

I forgot to tell you that I also use the Hi-6 with the crank trigger adapter that uses the dual coil set up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.