Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i saw your sig and that set up is pretty much what im looking at

i got a nice ported mn47 sitting here and a nice set of l24 rods and some dished pistions waiting to get cut some

how much did you cut down the pistions and what was the deck hight afterwards? would you have cut them any more or less ?

whats your cam specs? do you like it what would you change?

what do you use for ignition?

timming and octane you run?

whats the car run 1/4? and hp tq numbers??

Post Edited (Nov 23, 10:51am)

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
24oz

you are a lucky dawg with the ported mn47 head, mine is a plain jane unmodded head with a stock cam. so yours should be screamer.

about the pistons you should cut them 2.5-2.6 mm of the tops and you should have a positive 0.2 mm deck height (at least mine did).

Now for the power figures -- I am planning to go to the dyno sometime next week. I am still breaking in the motor -- about 700 miles on it. About 25-30 percent increase in power compared with stock engine. -- It pulls as hard in ffth gear (0.75) as it did in fourth (1.0)

The 1/4 mile times cannot tell you because our drag strip (1/8th mile) is closed until next week. So next week is the measuring day.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome

about 2.5mm is what i was looking at

are you FI or carbs - hows that comp ratio working out for you - you running 91 octane? whats your timming at?

ya i cant wait to get it together - if i can get a good cam in there and some good ignition - im hoping for low 13s but im not sure what it will run

slapping it in the 70 with an early 5spd 10.5lb flywheel tripple 40s and 3.54s out back

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
low 13s is pushing it, but it can be done

I am running the SUs on 91 octane and 2 deg BTDC on the initial timing (needing a race gas) but the compression ratio is fuUUUUN

Thirteens are possible, but I don't know if you can manage the low thirteens, but a good ported and polished head with triples can make it possible.

For me the next step is Megasquirt

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i can make it with good gas some timming a good cam the triples and ignition if i can hold traction

im sure that 2 degrees is hurting some i bet it would be a blast if you could get it to 10 - 15

where you from anyway?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I am in san diego, but originally from Russia (moved here when I was 12)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eh darn - im in the Sac area - a littel too far to come check it out and force you to give me a ride :p

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
24oz don't worry, about it. I might be driving up to San Fransisco for the winter break, so we could meet up there

Lenotonight, Ya ni chego ne znayu o YORGO, on chelovek inkognito.
Gde ti prozhivaesh v Soedinenih Shtatah?

Post Edited (Nov 27, 6:52pm)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.