ZCar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The track day for ZNationals was held at Atlanta Motorsports Park today. Since that is only half an hour from my house, I took off from work and went to enjoy. If you're in the Atlanta area, AMP has a great karting track, too. It is more challenging than the two indoor karting tracks I have tried.

Anyway, here's a link to the photos: http://stevescartography.wordpress.com/

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

The track day for ZNationals was held at Atlanta Motorsports Park today. Since that is only half an hour from my house, I took off from work and went to enjoy. If you're in the Atlanta area, AMP has a great karting track, too. It is more challenging than the two indoor karting tracks I have tried.
Excellent! Made me jealous not being able to attend! :cry

But hey, had other car fetish things to choose from this past weekend.... take my R to a VCOA meet-up or go to the RUNOFFS!!

Guess which I chose. :wink (See my photo albums)

Cheers!
Mic

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

What's with the chrome ITB horns on the V-8 blue with white racing stripes S30?
Dayam, V-stacks on top of an injected LSX? Oh yeah..... I need some time to be alone... to cry softly. :devil

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Dayam, V-stacks on top of an injected LSX? Oh yeah..... I need some time to be alone... to cry softly. :devil
Well the stacks appear to be faux AKA "rice" to me as the large single throttle body on the front of the intake manifold plenum appears to be connected & in use.

If this is so then I repeat my question at large "What's with the chrome ITB horns on the V-8 blue with white racing stripes S30?".

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe he had to justify the new hood to the wife.
"But baby, I need this hood to clear the horns on the engine."

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

What's with the chrome ITB horns on the V-8 blue with white racing stripes S30?

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5608/15312226960_058e3e123b_o.jpg
Bumming my computer wont open up the link, what can you say that track was a blast I was driving the pee yella puke green Z with black hood. Hopefully I can open your pictures at some point and see if you got a shot of my beater on the track.

The guy with the crazy velocity stacks is a great guy, didnt ask him the story behind them, but I am sure there is some humor in there. He posts on the Hybridz site as rebekahs Z

What Z did you have out there and what run group were you running in?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well the stacks appear to be faux AKA "rice" to me as the large single throttle body on the front of the intake manifold plenum appears to be connected & in use.

If this is so then I repeat my question at large "What's with the chrome ITB horns on the V-8 blue with white racing stripes S30?".
Ouch! Didn't even look closely.... oh s**t, duped again. I bought a bridge last week too dang it.

But yeah, just noticed the intake pipe...

So, what IS with the chrome ITB horns on the V-8 blue....? LOL

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bumming my computer wont open up the link, what can you say that track was a blast I was driving the pee yella puke green Z with black hood. Hopefully I can open your pictures at some point and see if you got a shot of my beater on the track.

The guy with the crazy velocity stacks is a great guy, didnt ask him the story behind them, but I am sure there is some humor in there. He posts on the Hybridz site as rebekahs Z

What Z did you have out there and what run group were you running in?
I didn't get many pictures on the track. Even in the observation area, the sightlines weren't great for photography, and I didn't have a long enough lens (though I am getting one now). I think I got a picture of your car while parked.

I didn't run my car on the track. I just came to hang out, take pictures, and run one session on the karting track.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I didn't get many pictures on the track. Even in the observation area, the sightlines weren't great for photography, and I didn't have a long enough lens (though I am getting one now). I think I got a picture of your car while parked.

I didn't run my car on the track. I just came to hang out, take pictures, and run one session on the karting track.
My car was the 72 240Z with a black hood pee yella puke green body running the yellow group

Have to agree track did not look very camera friendly, it is a shame as I am sure there would have been some great angles if you walk around the track such as T-15 & T-16 was pretty impressive watching cars in front of me going through here and seeing how suspension was working on them, also coming through T-6 through T-8

How was the karting track, girl friend was getting a little testy so did not get a chance to head over to the track?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One of my FB friends was also at the track taking pictures. I'll try to remember to post a link to his photos.

I had one shot of your car when it was by the canopy near the garage.

The karting track was great. I have only been to two other karting tracks, both indoor tracks. The AMP karting track is a LOT trickier than the indoor tracks. With the indoor tracks, you can use a lot more throttle everywhere. Adding in the elevation changes at AMP changed everything a lot.

The 180 after the 40+ foot drop was a challenge I never mastered. I always lost too much speed, so that limited me on the fasted part of the track. There was another turn that I always had to stab the brakes way early so I could accelerate through the apex and down the next 180 turn. Countersteering was imperative. It was a blast.

One of the GZC members went on the main track with Matt Isbell. Matt was driving the Corvette, and he knows the track VERY well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sign up and drive at Z Nationals 2015 and I will show you not only my stacks-but my tail lights too!

BTW-they aren't velocity stacks. Those things on top of my engine are cooling towers. Its a flex fuel engine, and on the second Tuesday after every fourth leap year on the day after the summer solstice, the car runs on nuclear power. By definition, a velocity stack increases velocity-those stacks just make me giggle! So, you might as well call them "giggle stacks." But they aren't rice-they are on an American V8, and it is all business. Laughing, chuckling or smiling, its great that we can all have so much fun with our cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts