ZCar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried the suspension springs that are supposed to be stock ride height from Zcar Source? I Just installed a set of them on my newest project a 1970 series one. I am using KYB Strut cartridges. My car is sitting up about 2 to 3 inches over standard ride height.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The new springs were marked front and rear. After I sat the car on the ground and saw how high it was I called Z car source and they told me after a couple of months The springs whould settle. I know new springs will settle some, but not 3 inches.The ride quality with the factory Springs is night and day.

·
Registered
670 Posts
The new springs were marked front and rear. After I sat the car on the ground and saw how high it was I called Z car source and they told me after a couple of months The springs whould settle. I know new springs will settle some, but not 3 inches.The ride quality with the factory Springs is night and day.
So, which is better? Factory or aftermarket? "Night and day" doesn't tell us which is which....:wink

·
Registered
620 Posts
I believe spring rates for the 240s were different than the later260s and 280s. Could you have gotten a set of the later springs by mistake? I agree springs don't 'settle' that much. On the positive side, you could put some All-Terrain tires on and go off-roading!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, Zcar source said that those are the correct springs and I was the only one that had a problem. Will not reimburse me on shipping either way. Car sits perfect with my old Springs. Should’ve gone that way in the first place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts