ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of questions for ya'll. Do the halfshaft's/Driveshaft from a 79 280zx fit a 77 280Z?? I'm getting a nasty grumbling/ click click/whine under normal speeds, under acceleration, or deceleration (or downshifting) it goes away, but during normal driving, it is REALLY loud. What I plan on doing is parts replacement/upgrade. I'm putting in the 5 speed, the diff, and the driveshaft and halfshafts from a ZX (OR so I hope!) I know the tranny is a direct bolt up, along with the differential, but the rest I'm not sure about... Any tips/tricks/advice ya'll want to throw my way, PLEASE DO!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello Guys I NEED HELP!!!

Read previous message, also does anyone have a diff/ axles for a 77 280z??? Please guys, this thing is going to leave me on the side of the road, pretty soon!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Descriptive subject lines help

> Read previous message, also does anyone have
> a diff/ axles for a 77 280z??? Please guys,
> this thing is going to leave me on the side
> of the road, pretty soon!

It helps if you actually give people some clue what the message is about in the subject line, otherwise most people will probably just skip over it.

As far as the parts wanted stuff goes, check the ad sections on this site.

-Brian

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Point taken! n/c

> It helps if you actually give people some
> clue what the message is about in the
> subject line, otherwise most people will
> probably just skip over it.

> As far as the parts wanted stuff goes, check
> the ad sections on this site.

> -Brian
Point taken/

·
Registered
486 Posts
Re: Hello Guys I NEED HELP!!!

I have a few extra axles around here, and would be willing to sell them. They are the four bolt flange type. They weigh quite a bit though and would be high in shipping. Find the 82-83 and just pull the axles, diff, and tranny out. The axles will work! There is a web page for this conversion, but do not have the address readily available.
Good Luck,
Joshua L.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.