ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost done with the digi to analog swap, today, the last step, swaping the fuel sending unit.
so I pull the old one and slide the new Nissan analog one, the analog one came with what looks like a small silver box, so I plug everything where it belongs(I think) and my fuel reading didn't change when I turned the key it red 1/4 tank, I know the tank is full, so I pop the cover back up and thats when I noticed a mark on the new analog one's cover, it looks like an arrow, is there a certain way this thing needs to sit inside the tank???
if I'm standing behind the car looking towards the hood call that looking NORTH, which way do the 'Flotty' things should be pointing???

thanks man

Post Edited (Mar 12, 4:43pm)

·
Registered
60 Posts
hey i have had a little problem with mine too and i have pulle and put in 3 diffrent ones i never had to put mine in any difrent ways the only reason i did tree diff. ones cuz first did not work second the little gas gauge did not work below and third works like a charm sooo i dont beleave there is a certain way it has to go in sorry i could not help that much but thats all i know about that

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
****, thats exactly why I got a Nissan part!!! pisser!!!
then why is there a mark on top of the cover???

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now that makes sence :)
I will try that tomorrow.
I made it face forward, towards the engine, and it works except it moves a lot when I turne corners.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
psh you aint hip wrote:

> hey i have had a little problem with mine too and i have pulle
> and put in 3 diffrent ones i never had to put mine in any
> difrent ways the only reason i did tree diff. ones cuz first
> did not work second the little gas gauge did not work below and
> third works like a charm sooo i dont beleave there is a certain
> way it has to go in sorry i could not help that much but thats
> all i know about that

English isn't your primary language is it? Have you ever heard of punctuation? And what idiot keeps buying junkyard parts for a replacement for a part that is always failing anyway? Just plain stupid. I'm also guessing your gas tank never got empty enough for the 1/4 gauge to work. I've yet to see one where the little gauge doesn't work.

th2thmansZ:
Don't connect the silver box. That's the converter for the digital instrumentation.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh man, thank you thank you thank you, did I ever tell you I love you :) hahhahahaha

****, I asumed it was for the analog since it came with it!!!

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
88hybrid,
sorry forgot to answer you,
it turned out sweet, I will put some pix on here soon, little different than Zbum's but pretty close. long ass project and long time waiting for parts, couple were on back order for freaking ever, but very worth it in the end, I love it, I can't believe I actually have needles :)
I can't thank Zbum's and his web site enough, lot of help.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Re:th2thmansz

Hey man I was wondering if you wanted to sell you digital dash after the conversion is done. Both my friend and I have 86 T's but his dash is digital.
Obviously his dash is not working and we thought at first that it was the power supply or even the box. We took his box out of his turbo and plugged it into the dash of my 86na; it worked just fine-but the same box will not work in his own car. The mechanic at Nissan said that it could very well be the actual dash or even a harness that was not carrying a charge. What do you think it is and we are taking any advice at this point. I told him to do a conversion but he wants the "green lights.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.