ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have heard of people putting a z32 tt fuel filter on things other than the z32. is there any kind of gain from doing this? i need to replace the fuel filter on my ae and was wouldering if it was a big thing to use the tt fuel filter? i was thinking about how it wouldnt fit in the location of the z31 filter. has anyone put the tt filter on there z31T? whats involved?
prices:
z31T ~ 12.99
z32TT ~ 10.99

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Since the Z32 filter is fatter and not much different lengthwise, it may have more filter area and maybe fractionally less pressure drop.
It looks pretty much the same as a 280ZX filter to me. See if the part numbers are the same. I suppose it sounds cooler to fit a Z32TT filter than a 280ZX filter.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I've heard it flows better than the z31 one. And being of larger physical size it takes longer before it needs to be replaced. I'm not totally sure of either of these.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i went ahead and put the z32 TT filter on, after taking the old filter off i dumped the gas that was in it out. THE GAS WAS BROWN! i blew thru both filters to see the difference, there was a huge difference! made a little difference in how the car ran, not too much tho.(still need a new MAS). the new filter is heald on by the old bracket, it jus rests on it. if i have a chance ill take a pic and post it.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Jeez, First it was hoarding acetone, now they're sucking fuel filters. I don't see where you'd get beter performance out of the Z32 filter. Fuel pressure is regulated and the car is injected.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.