ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have pics of z31s (mainly red) with tinted windows? i am thinking into tinted the windows on my 85 2+2, ALL 5! im thinking of doing limo tint on the back 3 and about 50% in the front 2. Does anyone have prices of what they paid for tint on 5 windows? thank you

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Yeah my Z is red with tinted windows, ill try and get pics posted up tommorow evening.

·
Registered
657 Posts
im guessing you'll pay somewhere between $200 - $250 to get your windows tinted. I have a buddy that does tint, he usually charges $50 a window. He would usually cut a deal on a hatch though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine were professionally tinted when I purchased it 15 years ago--it has served me well as my interior is in great shape. However, it's time to have them redone (as over the years the edges have started to peel) and I'm worried about the defogger in the hatch--a professional will have to remove that tint and I'm hoping it doesn't ruin the fine lines running through the glass . . . anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
That sounds like a bad tint job initially to peel like that; a good tint place will be able to set the tint into the glass so that it never does that. My Z has had the same tint for close to 10 years and it's still perfect.

·
Registered
657 Posts
mine was done in 87.......... besides the scuffing on the inside of the windows from going up and down.. oh and the spot where some dick missed the window with his cigarette it still looks good.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Z31's look mean with real dark windows; but they have to be the same shade all the way around however, except the front windscreen of course.

I've seen tint jobs done with the driver/passenger side windows tinted lighter than the rest and it looks totally crap. If you have to follow strict guidelines regarding tinting in your area then you can either lighten it all around or get it approved first then darken the rest afterwards. I know of a few people who have done this without a problem; and if you get pulled up for it just say it was like it when you got it :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.