ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as some of you may have seen from the pictures of my new Shiro, she has a scuff on the front from a little rub against a pole the previous owner had before I was able to take it off his hands. well it appears theres a tad more damage. the fender support bar is bent. you know, that little metal bar in front of the wheel attached to the fender and chassis. This causes the bottom of the front fender to not stick out as far as it should

So I need a new one. I think one from any 87+ Z31 would work as they have the same front set up. If any of you locate one please help me out. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the weather was PERFECT yesterday so I took it out of the garage, popped off the T-tops, and went for a drive around the San Fran bay area. Im loving it. you can feel the LSD working in the bends. its a much better feeling in the bends then I had in my 86! the rear end feels much more planted.

anyway, keep a eye out for that part! :)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I was hoping that someone would spot one in a pick n pull as buying one from a dealer or something will cost a LOT more.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know some company makes stainless steel ones along witha bunch of other stainless steel parts for the Z31 but I dont have the website off the top of my head and itll probably be expensive, which is why Im hoping for your guys' help first.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
actually I found the site: <http://www.z-tekmfg.com/Z31cat.html> they are about halfway down. and wow, only 25 bucks! I think Ill order them....

Red do you know if the supports are differrent for 84-86 and 87-89?

Post Edited (Mar 11, 9:31am)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought them. wo ho! Ill probably buy some of those nice door sills from them too, among other things

oh yeah one more thing, I LOVE how the 87+ has those pop out headlight bulbs. it was such a pain to change the ones in the 86. I put in Silvana Silverstars inmy SS. lovin it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.