ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was up late, just watchin sum tv wen I come across spike tv and they're showin wild police chases. I pause for a second and come to realize that they're chasin a stock 85 Z31 down the freeway. From wat I heard, a couple of crooks stole this Z and ended up gettin chased down by 5-O. In the end, 5-O pulled the PIT manuever, and smashed up the Z pretty bad. Poor thing never had a chance. Just thought id share. Z ya

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
mustve been a NA.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yea ive seen that one. There is another one where they are chasin a Z31 down a country road and PIT him right into a cornfield.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I saw a goldish 84', 85 Z on WSPC. It was rainny, and the 5-0 clipped him and the z smashed into another car.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dats just to many Z's to be had like dat. I mean, why couldn't criminals just hijack hondas and ****. C'mon, they're evrywhere and yet, they manage to get their retarded asses in these beautiful cars and wreck em. Just sad :(

·
Registered
958 Posts
lol. police cars are fast as crap man. They can easily catch a TT and most other street racing cars FTM. Especially those SSJ Camero ones that most counties have a few of. Old police cars has Vette engines in em and the new ones, I heard they are pulling 500 hp.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I dunno about that.

Some police cars are definitely souped up and geared to be fast but the standard cruisers in Boise, ID where I grew up used to run at the drag strips against civilian cars (some program to stay in touch with the youth in the community). If you beat them - they would give you a free "I beat the heat" t-shirt.

The cruisers usually ran in the 18.3 area in the quarter mile. Still a decent speed - I think it is the training they receive.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I know a local cop that drives the interceptors. He just got the Ford 300 Interceptor and trys to race me all the time for fun. He would win in a race.

·
Registered
724 Posts
In central Florida, there are two "special" Fla Highway Patrol vehicles. One is a late model Firebird Trans-am and the other is an 88 or 89 300ZX. They were both confiscated in seperate drug busts on the road. As a result, the officer that makes the bust gets first dibs on the vehicle to be used as his "new" cruiser. They're even painted FHP yellow and black like all the other cruisers. And yes...... though they're both high performance vehicles, they have been "tweaked" for additional performance and HP.

Special Ops Lives

·
Registered
59 Posts
the crown victoria cop cars run like 6.6sec. 0-60 so i doubt they would have a chance. and i dont even think the camaros they use are more than 5.0sec. so a lightly modded z could loose them, but nothing is faster than a police radio. :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Funny you should mention the police radio thing. Have you seen Mischief 3000? The RUF Porsche 996 outruns the radio in that dvd :p

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
take pictures of that highway patrol Z if you can. Im curious.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Down where I live we have 2X SSJ Camero cop cars pushing 700 HP (or so the cops claim.) its probably fairly true. But these cars wern't confiscated. They were bought brand new and then souped up.

Got a friend who got caught by one of the SSJ cameros doin a burn out around 1:30 AM. My friend is pushin about 415-430 hp with his 300ZX TT and after the burn out he was floorin it. He said the cop was right up beside him in seconds motioning for him to pull over.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.