ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z31 Convertible

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  AZ_ZBum 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, i live in Fl and own a 85 siver turbo. i got all the bells and whisles and me an my dad are doin the restoration on it. i belong to z31.com, sfzcc and 300zxclub.com and now here. i have a question that i was hoping someone could help me out with, i would like to turn my z into a convertible. i know it can be done because ive seen 85 convertibles before online. my question is, is there a store or shop that sells these convertible conversions for the z31 and how much they cost. Thanks John

#5 ·
It'd be totally custom if you were to do it. They are no longer offered, but maybe you could find a convertible top on Ebay and fit it. Or if you're really lucky you could ask Az-zbum since he is currently an owner of a Straman convertable, and I'm sure you've heard about him.

#6 ·
R. Straman closed up shop a long time ago.

The chances of someone else making a kit are slim to none.

Want one? You'll have to buy one.

Want to do a conversion? You'll have to find a company willing to do the conversion for you. And expect it to cost a few thousand dollars. The conversion in the 80s cost about $8000. I don't think it will cost any less these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.