ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so a while back i made a comment that i would get a 240 over my z....BUUUUULSHIIIIIT!!! i was driving the z around and some baffoon in one of the dohc hatchbacks was attempting to race me...i figured itd be a nasty loss because from what i saw he was running 2.5 in piping w/o a cat...(sure its not a big difference, but i figured itd pull away from me a bit) .. never went from a stop, only from 2nd or 3rd...this guy couldnt pull away, his car hit 3rd and chirped and the car went no where, i just thought it was hilarious cause a while back i thought my zed would be toast to this sort of competition... not the case

woot woot..the z still makes me happy!! :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Is your Z turbo? My old N/A could just barely keep up with my fiancee's SOHC 240sx...both were in perfect order, no mechanical problems at all."

oh...and by the way...werent you one of the people to say that my altima wouldnt be even close to as fast as the z.. if you lost to a sohc 240, then a dohc altima would beat youre na out (with you driving lol)

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
> both were in perfect order, no mechanical problems at all.

I seriously doubt that if your Z was that slow; until you've replaced everything imaginable besides the motor (aslong as that's good of course) then I garuntee your Z was riddled with problems. Should of got a trusted mechanic to go over it with a magnifying glass and have had your check book handy :)

At the end of the day it don't matter how fast your car is; it all comes down to how big your gonads are. A ***** driver in a 500HP whatever will get whooped by a ricer in a 200HP **** bucket if he doesnt have the driving skills to match his ride.

My NA is beasty; I can run it off the clock (230kmph/142 mph) and it still gains no problems at all. At those speeds it's smooth as anything, like your cruising along at 60mph (my badass suspension aids that). Then I get scared and slow down to the speed limit, then it feels like you're not even moving haha. Man I love my car...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Well, lets see. The Z is almost 4000lbs and had only 160 hp, the 240 is a hair over 3000 lbs and has 140 hp.....And I said that the Z was better than the Altima. Oh well, who cares, I have a Turbo now. By the way, anybody need anything from a '87 N/A, I'm parting it out.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Ok, I just checked the post, I NEVER said anything about the N/A being faster than your Altima. Here's my exact first post:

>>Author: 1sikZ
>>Date: Sep 5, 6:23pm

>>It's a Sentra. It has a 155 hp FWD 2.4L KA24DE, car should weigh >>around 3500 pounds. They are honestly kinda slow, but he did get a >>good deal on it. Not really anything like a 240SX, minus the fact that >>they share the same motor (240sx = RWD, drift hotness; Sentra = FWD, >>grocery getter.)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
i love racing 240sx in my Zs esp my 240

the best time had to be when some random burm burm 240sx randomly drives down my street ( me and my buddies are outside ) and then like 3 minutes later drives down again and one of my buddies yells burn em or whatever he comes back dose the longest gayest one legger burn out ever - my buddies go over and start talking to him hes got intake and full exhaust no cat and something else stupid - i walk up "want to race a real 240" hes like what are you talking about - i point to my 70 with crappy red paint on some lame black 10 hole rims and you should of seen the look on this guys face - all my friends were being retarded making littel noises and commets and then he got real cocky and was like wth is that thats no 240 blah blah blah this is a real nissan 240 it will smoke you blah blah typical ricer type crap and he kept saying this is a real nissan 240 nissan nissan blah blah well i walk over start the z up and while its warming up i give him a littel history lesson - he is still convinced datsun is some retarded dead company with no ties to nissan - finally get out to race him - this was my first time racing a 240sx in my z and well i was a littel scared i would lose but i was like whatever - one of my buddies flags us i pull him off the line by like 2 cars and half way through second i have like 4 cars on him and well by the top of 3rd had like 10 it was halirous - after this he goes lets do a freeway run - i agreed but told him he should leave me on the freeway - i alway thought my car was slow on the freeway i always thought it was nice 0 - 80 but on the freeway it was crap- he decides he wats to go from like 55 i was glad to hear that because thats 2nd gear for me although i still expected to get pulled - we go i just leave him we raced like 2 more times on the freeway and i leave him then we pull off into a parking lot he gets out and comes over to my car which i have just poped the hood on because the rear carb is stuck and running rich and he say that thing has a cam hu and its built i can hear it loping and then i explained to him the rear carb gets stuck and it runs rich - tweak it a bit and it was running smooth he then goes over and talks to my buddie for a minute and comes back to me and ask me a bit more about the Z and he was then like cool ride ill have to look in to those Zs some more and he left - i later find out he asked my buddie if it was built and he said its stock with exhaust and the carbs are a littel wierd and make it sound badass sometime hu? well needless to say i think the kid has some respect for the Zs now as do a couple of other 240sx guys that have raced it - to not throw the sx down too much and not praise my basically stock Z im pretty sure this was some honda guy that just sold his ricer delux 400 sticker built horsepower civic and bought a 240sx because he just saw a drift event and thoughr it was the coolest thing ever
Zs are definatly the way to gothough

sorry about that but i havet told that stoy in a long time and well i just felt good
sorry it wasnt a z31 story although just the other day i beat a 90 rs camero 305 5.0 (there hella slow but it still felt good) in the z31 :p

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Nice story. Those little 240's are pretty quick, both the "real" and fake ones....My fiancee's gonna get the SR swap, build it all up. She 's going for the sleeper look, all she wants is a new paint job, some 17's, crazy suspension work (she wants to drift..), and a ton of HP, no body-kit or anything.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
"Well, lets see. The Z is almost 4000lbs and had only 160 hp, the 240 is a hair over 3000 lbs and has 140 hp.....And I said that the Z was better than the Altima. Oh well, who cares, I have a Turbo now. By the way, anybody need anything from a '87 N/A, I'm parting it out."

Actually the Z31 is between 3070lbs and 3400lbs depending on year and model. Any 87 coupe 5-speed with t-tops would be about 3200+ but under 3000lbs. The 240sx S13 and S14 all come in at 2750-2850lbs. Also if you look at 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times for both cars they run on average 16.4 with a 0-60 of 8.2-8.4 for the SOHC version. The DOHC versions run slightly faster at 15.9-16.1. So against the SOHC version it's a drivers race and against the DOHC version the 240sx would have the advantage. Still the specs are close enough to where driver error plays a big role. I've ran both the SOHC and DOHC both stock and modified. The SOHC isn't usually an issue but those DOHC will leave a Z31 n/a if the 240 has a good driver, expecially when mods start coming into play.

In street racing it's not enough to say I beat this car, it's better to understand your opponent to better gauge whether your victory was due to your car actually being faster or you being a better driver. In this case I would have to say driver and/or perhaps motor condition was the ending factor. Either way glas you had fun 17_6. Keep your Z and if you want more power get a turbo. Z's are way to much fun.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what the fricken fracken retardness...balgjaduhgaldnfblkajdlfjg.... god dammit!!! the z isnt close to 4k!!! my 2+2 is probably around 3400, while the 240 is around 2800... you lost to a sohc because you suck at driving or your z was messed up.. PERIOD!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Well, that's funny, my '87 2 seater Turbo GLL says that it weights 3825 lbs....? And once again, you must READ the post, I never said that I lost, all I said was that I was having difficulties keeping up with it. It was maybe a .03 second difference (if I were to put it in time). Maybe you just need to stop being so narrow minded...

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
The 3825 you see is on the door jam tag correct? If so it's listed under GVWR correct? If you said yes to both answers then you are wrong. The GVWR is the gross weight the car can handle. This means the cars wet weight ( the curb weight of the car with all fluids full), as well as passengers and luggage. Now open your consol lid, on the other side there will be another sticker for you to read. On this sticker it lists the tire pressure for both normal driving (28psi) and high speeds of over 100 (32psi). You will also find on this sticker the max weight you can load into the car for passengers and luggage. When you do the math Nissan takes into account the average passenger is 150lbs and I can't remember what the luggage weight is but I believe it's another 110lbs or something. Anyway, what you do is take this weight and subtract from the GVWR, this will now give you your wet weight or basicly your curb weight with topped off fluids. My door sticker says something like 3600+lbs but when I did this math my weight came out to be 3070lbs. Then tested that against the scale at the track and the scale said 3050lbs. Makes sense considering I had less than a full tank the spare tire was out (tools still inside). Basicly a 300zx coupe will be under 3400 easy.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Oh well, like I said already, that car is parked and being parted out. I have my turbo now, and I smoke almost any 4 banger around here...and trust me, my fincee's 240sx isn't that slow. Who knows, maybe I had something terribly wrong with my old N/A that I constantly looked over everytime I was under the hood....oh well, who cares?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.