ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Z won't start, and I'm stumped on what it is.

A few weeks ago I stoped to get gas, filled up my tank, as soon as I got on teh road the car started to shutter...a little a first...the more I drove the harder it would shutter and pretty soon it just flat out died. it started up again, so I pulled it to the the side the road. that was the last time it started.. at 1st it seemed like a fuel pump problem.. but as far as I can tell it's pumping fuel. the car will rotate, start for a sec, get low rps ( like .3-.5) then die. if I pump the gas pedal it will stay alive for just a sec longer. I have no clue where to go from here

·
Registered
304 Posts
pull the codes from your eccs that is in the passenger kick plate just behind the front tire. if you dont know how to do it then go to a parts store and get a haynes manual. it will tell you everything you need to know about pulling codes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It was weird but a friend of mine had the same problem with his z. He was told it was the grade gas he used. I'm having a similar problem as your z but mine doesn't respond at all to the gas pedal. If it helps I have a full service manual I could e-mail to you.

·
Registered
455 Posts
could i have the service manual?? Installing spark plugs, spark wires, and headers??

·
Registered
66 Posts
no problem. ill send it with the subject fsm. sorry johnndrew24 but its not all there. someone deleted part of it. I can give you what I have if you want. I have most of it except for body and general maintenance.

Post Edited (May 8, 5:35pm)

·
Registered
724 Posts
The first thing I think I'd consider is a bad tank of gas. How low were you when you put more gas in and how much "new" gas did you pump into your Z?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The tank was pretty low before I put gas in, and I put in $10 worth of super...I thought maybe it was bad gas too, the car drove fine untill I put gas in....I talked to another guy who has a Z and he said it sounded like dirty injectors.

·
Registered
66 Posts
try taking off the maf and starting your car. I had the same problem with my car and it just needed a new maf sensor. If it is your maf sensor try ebay for a low cost replacement.

Post Edited (May 9, 10:39am)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.