ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do the various models of Zs compare sizewise? For example, is the 2+2 noticeably longer, or wider, or both than other Z models like the coupe and the fairlady? Are there any other differences?

·
Registered
64 Posts
> How do the various models of Zs compare
> sizewise? For example, is the 2+2 noticeably
> longer, or wider, or both than other Z
> models like the coupe and the fairlady? Are
> there any other differences?

The 2+2 is definately longer than the 2 seater for every Z that has been made so far. Not wider, though, if I am not mistaken. I have a 2 seater 82, and I honestly think the 2+2 looks like a limo compared to it. Only other differences I know of is that on an 82-83 those little windows on the side will actually open up so air can move through to the back seats on some models of the 2+2. Also, the rear section of the car is different proportionally, so for example you can't swap a rear quarter panel or hatch from a 2+2 to a 2 seater.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much! I've been looking forever, and I can never seem to find two z's together of the same year, nor has anyone else answered me and I have been asking around for over 6 months!
I really appreciate the help!

Incidentally, do you know of any good 2+2's for sale? I'd be really interested if the right one came along!
Another question: What do you think the best year for the z's has been so far (up to 82)?
-Jeremy

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
My webpage has some 2+2 car pics take a look
I myself don't like the longer look the back is kinda nasty looking but thats what I think and no one thinks the same

look under viewer pics

jeff 280ZXT 2 seater

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2+2 are only available after 74. I would suggest the 280z's if you want more luxurious go with a 280zx. I have a 75 2+2 and love it. Depending on the color changes the appearance put mine also has a front air dam and really improves the appearance. I like the 75 & 76 2+2 I looked at a 77 one time and hated it. They have a wiered subfloor design that has the spare tire and other stuff in it that sits alot higher than the older style (I hate it). Their are some things about the ZX's I like better and things about the Z's I like better depends on what you want. Well that my opinion. The Z's handle better than ZX's.

Sam 75 280z

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.