ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to buy rims for my 82 280ZX. I know all the folx out here at Zcar.com have said that you need 15x7 zero offset, at least I have seen reference to this before.

The size tire I want to put on is 225x50x15. The guy that Discount tire is talking to says that a zero offset WILL rub on the fender well he is certain, but a +10 mm will clear. But will it clear the strut?

Question is, who out there is running a 225x50x15 on a ZX, and what offset are you using?

Ken

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Ken,
Not a direct comparison but I'm running 225/50-16's on a zero offset 16x7 wheel and they do just barely touch the inside lip of the fenderwell on my '77 280Z. A 10mm offset would clear the fender great and should also stay clear of the struts. Are you talking to the Discount guys on Cooper or I-20? I got my set-up from the Discount store at I-20 & Little Road. If he is totally confident he should be willing to order the wheels/tires contingent that they have no fit problems. If he won't - don't trust him.
Phantom

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it's a long story Phantom- I've been to the store at I-20 and Great Southwest, they had no clue, Cooper St store just as bad (the one North of I-20) NTB at I-20 and Matlock same story, not a clue. I am dealing with a store at Inwood and Lemmon, a Discount Tire go figger, but the guy seems to like us racers and wants to make us happy. He matched the tirerack on the AVS Intermediates, every other Discount wanted 150 to 185 ea. he said 90 without blinking. He says if the rims don't fit he's sending them back, he understands. Not sure what they look like, but I'm old fashion on rims, most of this modern stuff I don't care for the looks. I will probably run my 14 inch six spokes daily, 'cause they look better, but sticky tires for AutoX is what I need, so function preceeds form. This has been frustrating. You still on your bushing mission? I still have the two dist. if you want them.

Ken

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.