ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey when i go to get my car painted, anyone know how much it will cost for black? I plan to have the car striped down to the chrom and primed and painted, I also want to put blue flame decale on it do you think that will look good?

Thanks agian guys!

-James

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Black is cheap and easy to spray. But it's a bummer to keep looking nice. The real money is in the prep work. Don't settle for a half-a$$ job or you will be real sorry. Like the other post stated, it's a bear to keep looking nice. And if you got some surface problems, chances are all those flaws are going to glare at you when you go black.

But it's really up to you. There are some very sweet looking black cars out there. Many, in fact. But talk to a couple of body shops and see what advice they give you for your particular model.

Good Luck

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Black is cheap but hard to make it look good. (you can see every flaw on the body bu how the light reflect) I paid $1300 for everything (1.sandning down to metal, 2. grey primer, 3. yellow primer, 4. black paint, 5. clear coat, 6. stripes, 7. clear coat and 8. wet sand) That's a deal!!!!!!!! If you are in AL, I'll introduce you my guy.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Black is the cheapest paint to buy gallon to gallon, but one of the most expensive as far as prep work required to make it show properly.

Willie Boy and Yo2001 said it, if there is the slightest irregularity in your metal or the primer, it will show up. And this is presuming that whoever sprays it for you gets a good flow-out and / or polishes it. But believe me, if there is the tiniest bit of body work on the car, then don't be surprised if the body man wants to prime with High-Fill primer and wet sand it out with high grit paper. Either way, you're talking man-hours to get the base right for the paint.

Then, you have to keep it clean. Dust? It will seem as though it's a magnet.

But you have to admit, when you do see a good Black paint job..... hmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.