ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I usually go to one off of Montague and Trade Zone rd in San Jose. I heard of a japanese car junk yard in Fremont, but I havent been there.

·
Registered
650 Posts
well, if your willing to travel to san francisco, for some reason all the Z's are in pretty good shape and almost complete, i even found a 73 that looks as if you could drive it right out the J/Y, well, if it wasnt sitting on top of another car. pretty cherry too. if you want to travel up to sac. i suggest autogator nissan, they were very helpful everytime i have called them, and avoid nissan only wrecking in rancho, the are the exact opposite of autogator.

dont bother with hayward J/Y's, if you do find a z there it'll be pretty much striped to the bone (or frame in this matter.) =) i dont know how the yards in san jose are though, havent been to one yet. good luck. -ed

·
Registered
364 Posts
Brian, and everyone else....

I live in the Fremont area and there is no junk yards in Fremont. The closest are in Newark (and I don't mean Jersey) then Hayward. I have been to both of the Newark yards and can tell ya there isn't much in them for a 72. The best I have found was some stuff for my 73 came from a 74. I plan on doing some hunting this weekend... I'll let ya know Monday if I found anything.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
>well, if your willing to travel to san francisco, for some
>reason all the Z's are in pretty good shape and almost
>complete,

Where is that? I'm not very far South of the city, I just hate having to pay bridge tolls going East or North, especially when I don't know if I'm going to find anything.

·
Registered
650 Posts
well here is a secret if you dont mind the drive ;) take what ever freeway you need to, to hit 101 in between hayward and san jose and just come on up. no tolls, unless you take the san mateo bridge, actually all you have to do is avoid the bridges, its just that the bridges are faster.

almost all of our wrecking yards are off of third street, real easy to find. if you taking 101 north you exit third street. if your taking 101 south you exit cow palace/third street. once your on third street just keep driving straight. most of the yards will be on your right. its a bit of a drive so dont think you missed it. the first one you see will probably be Fender Warehouse. the majority of the rest will be behind there in aproximately a 10 block radius.

if you find the white 73 with the cherry rear bumper (from a 71) dont take it, its mine i seen it first =P. if you need more directions please feel free to email me. -ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.