ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there anybody fronm "This side" of the ocean that comes across this site.
Z-cars are as you are aware of probably the most produced sportscar in the world, few though has found its way over here.
I live in Sweden and has a 1978 280Z and I´m quite alone of it up here in the north. There are said to be two more, but noone is sure about the year of manufacture for these cars. The 240Z was only imported here officially one year (1973). A 30-40 of these are still around.
I want to know if anybody knows or owns 280Z in other european countries.
Clubs outside Sweden and
spare parts availaibility
(The Nissan General dealer here has disgusting price levels, example: The hood emblem approx $80!!)
The Swedish Z club is organinzing a meeting here in May at a racetrack (Info:
look for the Swedish Z club in the links somwhere..)
Perhaps a European rally can be committed sometime...
Anyway, thanks in advance and let my curiosty be stilled.
Regards Marten Carlsson
Gothenburg Sweden

·
Registered
195 Posts
Unfortunatly, our dealerships here in the US are not much cheaper than the over seas dealerships. I looked into getting a hood emblem, and it was just under $80.

Hood hinges were in excess of $70.

Wheels are $280.

They'll suck every dollar out of your pocket, if you had to rely on them for your parts.

Good luck with your search for Z's in Europe.

Chris Behney
Redline Autosports

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chris
response regarding ridicolous prices.
Ive had a friend of mine picking up parts that I´ve ordered at Import Performance in Chatsworth,CA. (tel: 818 709 1263) Pricings a lot better than Nissan dealers (Hood emblem $35,rear bumper end $80,top door wetherstrip $16).
Regards Marten C

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in Frankfurt Germany with a 75 280z turbo. I know it is kind of far but there is a club here (I am not a member but I know someone there). They get together at least once a year race at the nurburgring. Let me know if you want the email address.

ddt

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello "ddt"
nice hearing from you
Do you know the address for that club?
I've been thinking of either turbo or NO2 converison of my engine (it is actually upgrade to stand NO2 since it ran with it in the US,the switces are still there...) But the turbokits I've seen is way too expensive, any advice?
Well, you can reach me at: [email protected]
Regards Marten Carlsson
Sweden

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.