ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my car back with brand new fuel injectors from my mechanic, the car drove like it's old turbo self. The very next day, the car starts up, and puffs white smoke like crazy. After three weeks in the shop, they came to the conclusion that my piston rings have totally crapped out. I pulled my car out of there that instant. For now it's being garaged until I pull it and have my local speed shop rebuild the engine. Until then, I can only dream.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the mechanics. Finding a reliable mechanic is so hard and it seems like all of us have been "taken for a ride" once or twice. I do as much work myself as I can but I can't avoid the mechanic once in a while!

A few posts down someone had their well modified z31 destroyed from a mechanics joy ride (apparently - full story details not available).

Scary. Good luck - hope you get it back on the road soon!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree with Stu85na. If you can fix the problem yourself, you are better off. I have a 89' 300ZX 2+2 and have already spent around $1000.00 on items I replaced myself.....ECU, Mass air sensor, fuel pump. ect. You can buy a Haynes Repair Manual. It is based on a complete teardown and rebuild of the 84-89' 300ZX for around $20.00.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.