ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO MY 1990 TWIN TURBO IS TOTALED "SO SAYS THE BODY SHOP" today my friend pulled up and told me to jump in the car he found something for me and we pull up to what looks to me like an 86-89 2 seater slicktop i am interested in it and will be chacking it out tomorrow is there any differences in this model and the regular non turbo model other than the roof? Also are they rare ,hard to find , what should the most i pay for this one be??

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
The slick tops in general are more rare; finding a turbo slick top is even more rare. In fact I'm not even sure Nissan made a turbo slick top as I've never heard of one. Every one I've ever seen in person or talke to someone who has one they were non turbos. As for whats different there are some minor differences between the turbo and non turbo but nothing to worry about. Going from your 90 TT to an 80s turbo is going to be a bit of a shock being that there is a 100hp difference but you can still get the 80's 300zx turbo up there in the hp range. Just make sure that this car you are looking at is really a turbo.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
in 84 they made turbo slick tops.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MY FIRST CAR WAS AN 84 NON TURBO AUTOMATIC im pretty sure its non though because i didnt see a "c" in the vin i saw "HX" but anyways is it practical to put my 90 tt motor in this car?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
practical? no...you just said the word that means you should not even THINK about doing this mod.

just remember, anything is possible with enough time and money

·
Registered
304 Posts
my z is an 86 na slicktop. beautiful metallic wine color too. how rare are the slick tops?

·
Registered
275 Posts
What are slick tops? Ive heard of t-tops

·
Registered
304 Posts
regular top... like most cars

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.