ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked over all the things that were said in response to the new Z-Concept car. I know that there are some things bad and some good. The car does have some things alot like the original. Some of you out there have told me that the new car should have a choice of engines like in other markets. This could work well so that the base unit could become what ever a person wants. I know that I said that I wanted a six, but I do agree that the base unit with a six could be very expensive and that would not be good for the new Z it would be dead before it went on sale. I also site the point made that even with a six the 240Z was not king of the road, but it was fun to drive and affordable. The new Z does not have to have tons of horse power, but it should be more than the cars in its class like the new Honda sports car that has 240hp from 2liter 4cyl. So if they want the base unit to have a four than it should have more hp than the others in the class. along these lines; I was told that the Skyline GT-R is a four and it has alot of hp the comp GT-R has about 400hp. So if nissan wants a real Z just get the engine out of a home market Skyline. The new Z should have alot of pep. My 240Z is not the fastest thing, but it has a good 0-60. Someone also said that Nissan could just be testing that market and then later up the power, etc.. On a final note be sure to look at the feb issue of Automobile for a cover story on the Z-Concept. If you can not find it let me know and I will send a photocopy to you Just E-mail me at [email protected] . I want to tell Nissan what we think So write a letter to Nissan and E-mail it to me and I will send the whole bunch to them at the same time after about 2 weeks. More to come as I get more.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.