ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is anyone interested in buying old z cars. I don't have room or money for more and I have found a local (western Tennessee) guy who has three for sale for $500.00. One good title. Haven't checked them out yet. I have also found a 73 240 with a perfect body, 135K miles, it's been sitting for four or five years. It still has anti-freeze and oil in it. I'm getting it the first of the month for $250.00. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to clean the fuel system, etc. please post. I've been working with my 77 280 for a year and a half but the 240 has carbs. My stepson and I found an 81 280ZX turbo with no title, fairly rough body but it still runs good. We paid $100 for it. He's already got two tickets in it.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Wow... A 73 240Z</b>

Hi Randy,

I saw your message... I came across my 73 240Z in kinda the same fashion a few years ago, but I only paid $1.00 for it "to keep it legal". I did the following:

1. replaced the fuel filter and added a second one.
2. Replaced all the hoses around the carbs
3. Had the raditator cleaned and found out it needed a new core.
4. rebuilt the carbs myself in the garage in 1/2 a day.
5. dumped a ton of WD 40 into the cylinders and gave it over night.
6. new ignition parts... cap, rotor, points, wires, and spark plugs.
7. New Battery... mine didn't come with one
8. Changed the oil and filter
9. new air filter
10. drained what gas that was in it, and didn't try to hard... my Z sat for 3 years... added fresh gas
11. Checked oil levels in rear end and tranny
12. Added oil to the carbs
13 also put in fresh antifreeze when I cleaned up the cooling system.
14. verified operation of choke and gas pedal linkage.
15. New brakes all around "When I drive, I need to be able to stop".
16. New clutch slave cylinder and fluid.
17. Trip to the DMV for new tags.

Since then, I have added struts, and have waxed and polished to my like'n... also have put in a new stereo, speakers, and 280Z seats... new floor mats... and some light bulbs. Also picked up a new air dam....

Things I have on order is a new TechCraft engine, springs and struts, new firebird style rear wing, and a carpet kit....

Not bad for a buck....

I'm looking for some cherry body parts... doors, fenders, and rear hatch.... my car was purchased new by a woman that work at PacBell and I have small door dings all over it....

Let me know how it turns out, if you see any nice 73 orange body parts... I'm interested.

Dennis

·
Registered
996 Posts
I can't believe all this! 500! 250! a HUNDRED DOLLARS???!!
The cheapest i can get anything up here is 850! and I don't know if he'll even take that!! The climate just isn't right for old cars.
Stupid me bought an 81 2+2 n/a for 1200!! i thought I was gettting a deal . he wanted 1700. turns out, the whole frame is soft enough to crush with your hand.
AND a seized rear brake caliper.
Expensive stuff for a guy with no garage.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: Is that 500 for all 3? n/c

That's what I was told, I might check them out this weekend and post what they are Monday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.