ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having discovered the really great way of displaying photos with ones post--I offer this snapshot of my 260Z parked next to a giant Redwood in the Avenue of the Giants just south of Eureka, California.

This past summer I braved a pretty long road trip from Seattle to San Francisco in my Z. Whooweee(nice winding roads!)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
> Hello. How was your drive? Two weeks ago my
> wife and I drove from Santa Cruz bach home
> to Seattle in her new Miata. Very cramped
> and straight boring roads. What route did
> you take? I'm planning on moving to the bay
> area sometime soon and want a good trip in
> my Z.
> Anthony

It was my first time driving to California from Washington State and having limited funds and time for this vacation, I basically bypassed Oregon by taking I-5 South until I reached Yreka, California. Don't get me wrong--Oregon beaches are beautiful but it would have taken me forever on 101.

After staying overnight in Yreka, I drove south to Redding, California and to look (and drive over) the Shasta Dam.

I then drove west to Eureka, California on Highway 299 (This was the longest winding road type of driving for the whole trip.) and then hit Highway101 going south.

Once I reached Eureka(and the Pacific Ocean) I drove south and right into the Avenue of the Giants to see the giant redwoods. I stayed overnight in this cheesy cabin in the Avenue of the Giants where I parked my Z right next to my door.
The next morning, I did the 175 mile drive into San Franscisco on 101. I had the option of getting on Highway1 which would have been much more scenic in my opinion--but I wanted to get into the bay area quickly.
After stopping in Santa Rosa for coffee, I finished my drive into SF.
Driving over the Golden Gate bridge was a blast....a reward!
After a day and half in San Francisco--I drove to Sacramento and then headed north back to Seattle on I-5.(not scenic--but quick!)

I wish I had more time as driving south of San Francisco on Highway 1 would have offered some right-out-of-televison-roads over a cliff experience....Maybe next time...

Thank God the Z had no mechanical problems!

If I had lots of time--and money for accomodations--I'd hug the Pacific ocean all the way to the Bay area....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.