ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having discovered the really great way of displaying photos with ones post--I offer this snapshot of my 260Z parked next to a giant Redwood in the Avenue of the Giants just south of Eureka, California.

This past summer I braved a pretty long road trip from Seattle to San Francisco in my Z. Whooweee(nice winding roads!)

·
Registered
358 Posts
> Having discovered the really great way of
> displaying photos with ones post--I offer
> this snapshot of my 260Z parked next to a
> giant Redwood in the Avenue of the Giants
> just south of Eureka, California.

> This past summer I braved a pretty long road
> trip from Seattle to San Francisco in my Z.
> Whooweee(nice winding roads!)

Hello. How was your drive? Two weeks ago my wife and I drove from Santa Cruz bach home to Seattle in her new Miata. Very cramped and straight boring roads. What route did you take? I'm planning on moving to the bay area sometime soon and want a good trip in my Z.
Anthony

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
> Hello. How was your drive? Two weeks ago my
> wife and I drove from Santa Cruz bach home
> to Seattle in her new Miata. Very cramped
> and straight boring roads. What route did
> you take? I'm planning on moving to the bay
> area sometime soon and want a good trip in
> my Z.
> Anthony

It was my first time driving to California from Washington State and having limited funds and time for this vacation, I basically bypassed Oregon by taking I-5 South until I reached Yreka, California. Don't get me wrong--Oregon beaches are beautiful but it would have taken me forever on 101.

After staying overnight in Yreka, I drove south to Redding, California and to look (and drive over) the Shasta Dam.

I then drove west to Eureka, California on Highway 299 (This was the longest winding road type of driving for the whole trip.) and then hit Highway101 going south.

Once I reached Eureka(and the Pacific Ocean) I drove south and right into the Avenue of the Giants to see the giant redwoods. I stayed overnight in this cheesy cabin in the Avenue of the Giants where I parked my Z right next to my door.
The next morning, I did the 175 mile drive into San Franscisco on 101. I had the option of getting on Highway1 which would have been much more scenic in my opinion--but I wanted to get into the bay area quickly.
After stopping in Santa Rosa for coffee, I finished my drive into SF.
Driving over the Golden Gate bridge was a blast....a reward!
After a day and half in San Francisco--I drove to Sacramento and then headed north back to Seattle on I-5.(not scenic--but quick!)

I wish I had more time as driving south of San Francisco on Highway 1 would have offered some right-out-of-televison-roads over a cliff experience....Maybe next time...

Thank God the Z had no mechanical problems!

If I had lots of time--and money for accomodations--I'd hug the Pacific ocean all the way to the Bay area....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.