Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Z car manuals for any year can be obtained from this source:
Nissan Service Publications
20770 Westwood Drive
Cleveland, Ohio 44136
Their phone number is: (440) 572-7280.
Last I checked the full service manual was $73.00, including postage, and the owners manual was $15.
They only make phto-copies of some years, like 1977, as many are no longer in print. I got one for my '77 and it was definitely a good investment.
Phantom

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Hi. I have been really needing to buy a shop manual. Nissan quoted $73 dollars also and also photocopied. Alot of money for a photocopy. I don't mind paying it if I knew it was good. How in depth does it get. I want something that goes down to the last vacuum line, the very last sensor. Does this go there? Are there good diagrams, how many pages. I need to get something soon. I haven't found capable mechanics around here that don't want an arm and a pinkie toe! Even so they still aren't capable.
Dodie

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
'77 20Z manual 1.5" thick

Don't know how many pages it is as it is broken into 23 sections including brake system, engine mechanical, engine electrical, engine fuel, engine lubrication. front axle & suspension, air conditioning, service equipment, and on and on. It is written for a Nissan mechanic with the assumption that you have some idea of what you're up to. Having a Haynes or chiltons manual also will fill in the "simplicity" blanks. The trouble shooting section for the engine emission control section is about 20 pages long and goes through detailed descriptions of each diagnostic that has to be run and what values you should find.
Phantom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.