ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the North Alabama area and while I see a ton of Z cars around, there is no organzied Z car club here. So.......being a people person and enjoying getting together with fellow car lovers I thought I might investigate the possibility of forming a Z car club here and fill that void.

Any ideas on how to get the word out? I have thought about contacting the local Nissan dealer and seeing if they might assist in helping spread the word even if it is nothing more than letting me put up a flyer about it. I have also considered putting a smaller flyer on the windshields of Z cars when I see them parked somewhere and contacting the local papers about putting something in there. Any other ideas that you think might work?

Thanks

Bob

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
News paper is a good, cheap idea; hunting down Z's and putting spam in their windshelid mightn't be a good idea though. Who reads those things anyway? ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I live in Tuscaloosa and thought about the same thing. It turns out there was a club in Birmingham but I can't get in touch with anyone and the email left on their site is no longer valid. Where are you? Maybe we could get a regional type club going, that way we might get enough interest to keep it going. I assume the Birmingham club died from lack of interest.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Dont know how it is in the States but here in Australia you have to travel quite some way to meet up with the big, good Z clubs. Even combined with travelling (you're joining a car club, arent you supposed to drive?), it's better to join the major clubs in my opinion. That way you know your club isn't going anywhere, good management and event planning etc

·
Registered
793 Posts
Why did you even post 85zx-->that is no help to this man. Every club starts out small you dont just say hey im starting a club and now its a BIG thing, and no not necessarily you are going to be just driving--going to Z club is about having fun and hanging out with others that share the same passion and can give you ideas on how to get closer to your dreams and maybe you can help someone... I say all the more to Ya!! I was thinking about starting a Nissan Club as long as you drive a nissan then you can join--this makes it so you can have a lot more people join and you get to see all kinds of different ideas and cars... I love the Z But Nissan is the whole package.. Good luck to ya bud I hope this works for you. I need a good solid Z or Nissan club in my area---> Jacksonville FL

·
Registered
131 Posts
Flyers work......word of mouth....if you got a place like a local burger shop where the owner will let you gather....AND THE COPS DONT MIND....ALL you need is like 4 or 5 to show up once or twice and you will get people to stop and eventually join... we started out in a strip mall on tues nights just 4 of us...soon other cars hot rods you name it started coming in....next thing you know we where meeting in the parking lot of a big shopping center that some of the stores went out but the lights still lit up the parking lot.....and lord did we have the cars..

One tip.....dont know how your law enforcement fellows are... Ours where great until we got a couple of knuckl heads who decided they wanted to do burn outs and drive like nuts around the lot...then the police had to station a guy there because the walgreens manager complained...now no shopping center...So wax your cars and show them off and talk about helping each other but keep the racing to the stip...or the back road.

bob

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for the post I've been thinking about the same thing in NW Montana--obviously it would be a seasonal thing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.