ZCar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My old Z has seen better days, and the laundry list of repairs is getting quite long. Included in that list is to fix the non working AC and fix the driver side window that won't roll down. As a result I have not been driving the Z much this unusually hot summer. Surprisingly to NON Z people, even with the T tops off, you do not get much air flow unless the windows are down too.

Well fall is here and my truck has been waiting for its turn to be wrenched on. Full front end work up: locking diff, UCA, shocks, springs, tie rods. Needless to say, as a family man (with young kids), this type of work takes me weeks to perform. Thus the Z have been bumped up to full time DD duties.

Believe it or not, the 2+2 is perfect for 2 young kids and a family of 4. Those seats are designed for little ones, and they don't even need boosters as they are the right weight and the seat belt height is perfect.

Last weekend I wanted to take the kids for a mountain bike ride. A new ride and not just our regular "back yard" loop. Wife was out of town so I had to use the Z. 1 full size adult MTB, 1 kids 24" tire MTB, and one kids non folding tag-a-long. I had to clear out the "trunk" of all non essentials including the spare tire and all of my tools. Still kept the 2 foam bins and their contents (jack etc...). All bikes had their wheels, seats and pedals removed. On the way back, I locked up the kids tag-a-long at the trail head and left it there to be picked up later, and didn't need to do as much disassembly.

We did a total of 8.5 miles on fairly technical single track. The trail had recently been re-worked and much harder than I remember. I did not know this prior to going or I would have stayed in the back yard. I got some surprised looks from people for sure.

Anyways, this forum was the very first I have ever joined about 15 year ago. It is sad to see that it has been so slow here the last several years. Just wanted to give you blokes an update, and say hi. Hope everyone is doing well.

BTW the photo uploader (size limitation) is terrible.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Thx for the update!

My 2+2 worked great when my now adult kids were younger. Great memories of going out for rides and getting ice cream. Once we went out for cones trying to beat a very dark storm sky home. Just about 5 houses from our driveway the sky let’s go (t-tops off) but due to the angle of the rain my son and I in the front seats stay pretty dry - twin girls in back getted soaked. So much fun remembering...

Later in life parents often report the hectic days when kids were little were the best days ever. So, treasure these times - they go by waaaay to fast!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts