ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as I can tell comparing the 0-60 times I should win, but I thought I would ask anyway. What has everyone out there beat?
I have the original L24 (just rebuilt), over bore of .05, E31 head, stock carbs, balanced bottom end, 480/270 cam (if I remeber correctly, could be 470/280) headers and full exhaust, hotter coil, ummm, I think that's it. My wheels are the original 5 slot mags with 60 series tires, so that should lower my acceleration times a tad. So lets see, the original 240 did 0-60 in 7.8 secs, the new Prelude is 7.7 secs. My friends has the auto-stick, so maybe it's at 7.9. My car with all the mods should beat that. Another friend has a highly modified CRX, should I be able to him too??? I'm not sure what he has, something like exhaust, headers, intake and cam I think. Anyway, sorry for the long post. I would like to know what my 240 can beat before I line up against some of these **** Honda's. How about the Integra V-Tech???
Anthony

·
Registered
320 Posts
dam# hondas

well my friend had a slightly modified crx and i beat him bad in my 280. i also beat a prelude but it only had like 150 horses and the new ones are quick as hel!. but race him like grandpa said you still have a better car and it would be a good race

JZ

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
> As far as I can tell comparing the 0-60
> times I should win, but I thought I would
> ask anyway. What has everyone out there
> beat?
> I have the original L24 (just rebuilt), over
> bore of .05, E31 head, stock carbs, balanced
> bottom end, 480/270 cam (if I remeber
> correctly, could be 470/280) headers and
> full exhaust, hotter coil, ummm, I think
> that's it. My wheels are the original 5 slot
> mags with 60 series tires, so that should
> lower my acceleration times a tad. So lets
> see, the original 240 did 0-60 in 7.8 secs,
> the new Prelude is 7.7 secs. My friends has
> the auto-stick, so maybe it's at 7.9. My car
> with all the mods should beat that. Another
> friend has a highly modified CRX, should I
> be able to him too??? I'm not sure what he
> has, something like exhaust, headers, intake
> and cam I think. Anyway, sorry for the long
> post. I would like to know what my 240 can
> beat before I line up against some of these
> **** Honda's. How about the Integra
> V-Tech???
> Anthony
Well I remember several years ago when my 280z was bone stock except for the Weber throttle body I came across a mid 1990's Honda Prelude SR and I thoroughly trashed that Honda repeatedly and at multiple speeds (we ended up going on to a highway)
So I say go out there and have a blast!
ZR8ED and his BAD ASS N/A!!!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> Well I remember several years ago when my
> 280z was bone stock except for the Weber
> throttle body I came across a mid 1990's
> Honda Prelude SR and I thoroughly trashed
> that Honda repeatedly and at multiple speeds
> (we ended up going on to a highway)
> So I say go out there and have a blast!
> ZR8ED and his BAD ASS N/A!!!

even though i've got a 87 300zxt you know what they say about honda's

there they breakfast of champions

Zeus 87zxt

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
>Sounds like you have enough mod's to take care of that prelude, but by way of information, the prelude gets most of its spunk once all the VTEC valve train stuff kicks in around 3K RPMs . Right off the line is when it's the slowest, especially in an auto. 5 speeds can obviously wind up a bit faster. I don't think you'll have a problem at all off the line, but those engines are extremely high rev'ing so they don't have to shift as soon. I used to own one of those VTEC honda's -- they are fun to drive once they are wound up, but off the line they lack what the Z has.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.