ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I like it although like you said, I wouldn't want a car that low. Still, I like the general idea of the car. Does it have anything special under the hood? It doesn't look like much from the pictures but that's the whole point of the car.

·
Registered
600 Posts
No, I don't like it. Everything about it is..... just awful. The paint doesn't match. It sits too low to be driveable. They couldn't even find the time to put an airfilter on the rear carb. What a piece of crap.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Actually that car can be raised to just below stock height for driving around. As to the flares those are just the ZG flares that are common for these cars. I believe that is a 3.1 stroker as well (cant really remember).

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
I dont like the stretched tires, I've always thought that was stupid. It's too low. I'm not a fan of the "I want to purposly make it look like it was cobbled together" drifter look either.

I like flares, I like the interior.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
No

It's not a sleeper, you can tell things have been modified, so is the goal an industrial look? Otherwise it just looks like anybody else's unfinished car that has been put together with parts from numerous cars. The camber plate install, has a lot to be desired. He must really be worried about getting towed.
The interior I would like to have though.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
[img_assist|nid=891556|title=Low Z|desc=It's now riding about a 1/2 inch lower since this picture was taken. The front rocker is at 5.5 and the rear at 5.75 with the 6-qt oil pan just 3.5 inches off the ground. Not as low as the slammed car shown above but low enough to understand what it takes to keep it this low in the way of wear and tear on both the car and me.|link=node|align=left|width=512|height=341]

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I like it too. It's bit worn after 7 yrs of hard driving but I re-condition the suspension each winter and tweak other bits and pieces each year.

It now sports a set of OEM headlight covers complete with SS trim. It makes a big difference in the way ot looks and I've also added a custom made lower airdam and splitter. I'm bringing it down to ZCON next week along with our 240 track car along with the T. Cruise SCCA SSA 300ZX and the BSR/Newman 280ZXTT.

·
Registered
281 Posts
After seeing Zs turned in to 4x4s or the Primadonna body kit, I'm not gonna give this guy any crap for making a JDM industrial-esque Z.

·
Super Moderator
6,412 Posts
I like it and I would really like to take for a few laps around a twisty track! It looks like it would be a blast to drive!

·
Registered
694 Posts
zxtoy said:
I like it and I would really like to take for a few laps around a twisty track! It looks like it would be a blast to drive!
With no suspension travel and skinny tires (don't let the width of the rims fool you, there's actually not much rubber under that car), I suspect that that Z is not going to handle well at all. Reality does not live up to the image.

Nigel
'73 240ZT

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
That car is not always that "slammed" it has adjustable suspension so it can actually drive with out being that low.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.