ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing around with my tranny today looking for the drainage hole/plug (couldn't find) and the inlet plug (found it.. looks tough) then i was messing around with my spark plugs when I noticed that one was strangly about a centemeter off of it's bracket.... hum.. *pulls on it and it comes off... thinks.... wait a sec..... this thing has been like this the whole time* one of my spark plugs was out of the socket the whole time i'v been driving my z... no wonder that subaru beat me i'm only running on a 5 cyl's.

I put it back in and my car's considerable faster :)

Post Edited (Jun 1, 9:46pm)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
You woudl have noticed it missing - did you notice it missing? It should have been pretty obvious - it would have bucked and been all sorts of pain.

If you have a manual tranny your drain plug and refill plug are the same plug. It is a bitch to refill if it is not sitting in your driveway!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
If you have a manual tranny your drain plug and refill plug are the same plug. It is a bitch to refill if it is not sitting in your driveway!

Stu...are you sure about that?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Sometimes even if the spark plug is boot is off, the spark from the plug wire can reach out like 1-2" inches so mabey it was berly hittin and he didnt notice a miss.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
domdogg-

Not 100% sure anymore :).

The tranmission you have pictured is the manual transmission model FS5R90A (the 84-86 Turbo manual tranny).

The only tranmission I have worked with so far is my own (model FS5W71C - all non-turbos). I don't remember seeing a second drainplug on my model FS5W71C but there may have been.

Anyone else know (as I redirect this thread)?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Don't worry about it....just think, how would you drain the fluid out of the same hole as you were going to add the fluid through? Doesn't the drain hole need to be below the fluid level of the tranny, so the fluid drains out?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.