ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know that ITG (?) air filter you have? I am definitely going to upgrade my SU's to use performance filters, but I can't decide whether to go with old reliable K&N chrome, Weiand/Longflow mesh or the ones you have.

Do you see any pros or cons to the big single unit over two smaller units?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Another alternative

Willie,

Have you considered using the drop in K&N for the 240.
This is the cheapest method, as the backing plate already has the air horns on it....

If you don't like the look of the big orange air box, cut the front and back to the dimensions of the filter, paint, and put some molding around the edges.

I did this on my 72 pictures below.....total cost was $32

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Yes

The single unit, and 2 units cost the same amount of money.

The big unit however, if you have a strut tower bar, you will have problems taking it out.

If by somechance, you break the big unit you are out about $200, instead of $100 for one of the units.

The filters are much easier to remove than the K&N, the K&N you need to unbolt 2 bolts, the ITG you just twist a little knob about 1/2 a turn and it comes right off.

The ITG also does look better than the K&N IMO, yes chrome looks good but chrome gets scratches and discoloration. I also dont like the look of the K&N filters.

The frames are red, the material is grey/black and the ITG is in white. They look great.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
stock airhorns

Norm said he actually lost power with the stock air horns on his Z, he also has the timeslips to prove it.

- T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.