ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I intend to replace the front struts on my 280zx. I plan to go with tokico struts and eibach springs. Where does one get the strut casings? If I did this right you will see a picture and they are pretty nasty.

Thanks, Dave

· Registered
1,153 Posts
Strut casings?

When you replace your struts, you are actually just replacing the strut inserts. When you remove your old struts and springs, you will remove the old insert from your existing strut member.

If this is not what you mean, please give more details. Your picture didn't show up on my end.

If you are talking about going with a coilover setup, the part you are talking about slides over your existing strut tube, and allows adjustment of the spring height.

As far as where to get your new Tokico struts, many places sell them. Don't know who currently has the best deal on them. I used KYBs, and have been very happy. I don't spend much time on the track with mine.

· Registered
1,153 Posts
Ok. You should be able to find a used one that isn't too abused. Probably get one in the for sale section on this site. Or a local junkyard. Of course, Nissan probably has a replacement, but it is probably pricy.

Since we couldn't see the picture, not sure what is really wrong with the one you have. Is it mangled somehow? Just gunky and rusty? You may be able to recondition the one you have by using a wire wheel on a drill, and then repainting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.