ZCar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the Auburn, AL. Looking for recommendations for a machine shop that can handle block prep within a reasonable drive radius (Birmingham, Montgomery, Columbus or Atlanta areas). Thanks in advance folks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Any good machine shop, there's nothing particularly unique or tricky about an L-series bottom end. head work is a different story.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any good machine shop, there's nothing particularly unique or tricky about an L-series bottom end. head work is a different story.
I got a recommendation for Will's Auto Machine Shop in the Atlanta area. I was there this morning. We discussed the job at some length and they got the job. Thanks for all the feedback folks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a recommendation for Will's Auto Machine Shop in the Atlanta area. I was there this morning. We discussed the job at some length and they got the job. Thanks for all the feedback folks

Just to close this thread out, I'm very happy with the work done at Will's Auto Machine Shop, 3149 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd, Chamblee, GA 3034. They faced my used alloy flywheel, checked my crank journals, removed the pin as the crank was out of an automatic car, checked the block for anything out of true or cracked, bored/honed the same to 89mm, supplied new KA24 pistons & rings, then balanced everything including the h-beam rods and harmonic damper. All came back within (actually under) budget. Old school machine shop run by three generations of the same family. Highly recommended.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts