ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now here goes again....How much does a STOCK 1982 280zx TURBO have? i have heard diff. numbers.

Now another question. There is a black box located near the fuel rail on the driver side of the engine. It has one plug going into it. Now the black box has 3 connectors....but the plug going into it only has 2....whats with that? and whats is the box...i was thinking TPS but wasn't sure. Thanks everyone!

Matt

·
Registered
571 Posts
Looks like you found a throttle sensor.
If it’s at a 45 deg angle that what you have.
You also may see the rubber boot on it is cracking or cracked.
It’s important to keep water out.

M&M
Hollywood, FL

·
Registered
492 Posts
i have an '82 zxt w/the p90 heads the figures i read go between 200-235 hp...but it sure feels like a lot more than that to me (i dont have trouble passing cement trucks)......s

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot Mad....well thats what i found, the boot is all cracked and the connectors are all corroded...do you recomend that i get a new one? or is that something to pikc up at my local Pick N'Pull??

Matt

·
Registered
411 Posts
If you're talking about hp/torque numbers then its 180hp @ 5600 rpm and 203 ft.lbs. @ 2800 rpm. But remember those numbers can be played with VERY easily on a turbo setup. And the box you describe does sound like the TPS (on throttle body across from where the cable linkage attatches). The turbo ECCS uses the same TPS as the n/a version (even same part number on casing) but only uses the first 2 prongs for on/off idle. It doesn't need WOT sensing. You can get some electric contact cleaner and some sandpaper and be creative to clean those connectors up :)
-zakaron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.