Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wth you guys said they would
the z32s with 225s dont fit up front - they rub hella bad

what did you guys do to get your z32 wheels to fit up front?

also are the z32s w/ 245s gonna fit out back?

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
You got 4 rear end z32 wheels? cause on the TT's the rear wheels are bigger than the fronts i believe. You may have gotten 4 wider rear wheels maybe??

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought of that and meassured
- i wasent quite sure how to meassue them but there is a very noticable difference the fronts when i meassured are right aroun 8'' and the rears right around 9'' so i figured 7.5 and 8.5 becasue thats what the tts are right?
i have 2x 16x7.5 w/ 225/50s for the front
and 2x 16x8.5 w/ 245/45s for the rear

i even put some washers up front just to test fit to see if it would space them out enough to fit but they still rub the strut housing

what if my front rotors were warped some couldthis cause any problems? i just put new pads on and did notice just a slight warp - could this effect the wheel mounting and cause rubbing?

Post Edited (Nov 16, 4:41pm)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well thanks for trying - hopefully one of the guys that said they would fit or someone with them will tell me what they did to get them to fit

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
i got back 135 matches in the search box

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good for you - want a cake or something

·
Registered
281 Posts
wow.. :)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it just kinda pisses me off i was told they would fit no problem

i needed these tires on by monday and now it ends up i had to order a wheel spacer and well it wonte be here till at least tuesday - maybe wensday - and i still havent even checked the rears - im kinda dissapointed and i wonte lie i love my z31 but i hate the z31 forum which is why i tend to also ask my z31 questions in s30 s130 and car talk

o well **** happens i suppose and i will eventully get over it

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
<http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=2&i=105488&t=105425>

This is just one example of a few results returned via search which say u need 1.25" or 1.5" spacers for z32 wheels to fit.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Dude I am going through to exact same thing right now--I also was told that they would fit no problem, and they do not! And I have an N/A so the front studs on my car are smaller then those on a stoke Turbo car so I changed out the studs had to go through a million parts stores stud boxes to find the exact studs that would fit into the hubs and still be long enough to fix the rims on--then I had to find wheel spacers so that the rims won't rub the strut mount--Did all that and found out that I would still need to lower the car because the 45's that came with the rims which are brand new and I paid good money for them, Look Funny in the wheel well because they are so small!! THIS IS THE WHOLE REASON I AM SELLING MY Z31 AND IM GOING BACK TO THE Z32 GROUP!!!

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
bdijanni wrote:

> Dude I am going through to exact same thing right now--I also
> was told that they would fit no problem, and they do not! And I
> have an N/A so the front studs on my car are smaller then those
> on a stoke Turbo car so I changed out the studs had to go
> through a million parts stores stud boxes to find the exact
> studs that would fit into the hubs and still be long enough to
> fix the rims on--then I had to find wheel spacers so that the
> rims won't rub the strut mount--Did all that and found out that
> I would still need to lower the car because the 45's that came
> with the rims which are brand new and I paid good money for
> them, Look Funny in the wheel well because they are so small!!
> THIS IS THE WHOLE REASON I AM SELLING MY Z31 AND IM GOING BACK
> TO THE Z32 GROUP!!!
>

Because you can't fit Z32 wheels on a Z31? That's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You're an idiot. Plenty of people have done it. You just have to be smart enough to read:
<http://z31.com/wheelsandtires.shtml>

<http://wheelshow.redz31.com>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.