ZCar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanting to buy a 250 GTO replica, McBurnie or Scorpion GTZ body conversion on 240-280Z donor. Must be turn-key. Complete, driving/running and quality built rust-free example. No projects or high-priced dealer cars. I've seen the junk and "movie" cars on eBay/web. Prefer the stock Z drivetrain. Any info appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have seen very few of these done well. I suspect you will end up buying a project and finishing it up
crazee1.... yes, I agree. Been looking for sometime and have seen several examples (most poorly done) and the over priced dealer cars for sale as well. May need to find a decent "project"... or second option, just a nice original 280Z...

·
Registered
249 Posts
crazee1.... yes, I agree. Been looking for sometime and have seen several examples (most poorly done) and the over priced dealer cars for sale as well. May need to find a decent "project"... or second option, just a nice original 280Z...
The kit cars look great, I wanted to do a Cobra kit Z before and the Pantera kit looks interesting, but then I look around and I don't see many Z/ZX's around any more.

The thing about a kit car is that it looks different, so people double take on it because they just don't see them. What I've noticed over the years, is that you just don't see an original Z anymore. Even the 280ZX is pretty rare now, just not as rare as the Z. It's also why they've spiked in value over the last few years.

I've driven old cars/truck all my life. The newest I have is 30 years old and the oldest is over 50. Younger people usually have no clue what these cars are. I drove an original 66 mustang and a lot of young people didn't even know what it was. Drove a 71 Celica and nobody has a clue what it is.

Point: the GTO will appeal to those that know what a GTO is, but an original Z will stand out quite a bit all by itself. Just my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts