ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 81 zxt that will start and run fine only when it wants to, the rest of the time it will turn over, pump gas but won't start. It doesn't even try. Any suggestions or remidies?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
You should know better!

As soon as you use the words "wife" and "exwife" in the same sentence you'll scare most guys away. I know I almost was but tomorrows my anniversary so I'm feeling gutsy. In answer to your question, it sounds as though your ignition module is going...gone

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
When I had trouble starting the "ex wife" I put a Fuel Pressure Gauge on her jugular vein and an Inductive Timing Light on one of the synapses to her brain.

As soon as I found out which sub-system was malfunctioning I was able to repair it.

Unfortunately about 27 days later she was hard to start again. Sadly, I was forced to trade her in for a slightly older N/A model that was more reliable.

Now I understand the Nissan commercials, "Enjoy the ride!"

Wayne Monteath

·
Registered
887 Posts
we know u posted your name in hopes your x will somehow read this and I 4 1 think it was a cool idea so here goes mine ,yea some chicks r like cars but the1got was vary low matinance and runs like a champ,I just love 2 hop in and run her around the the block,driving her is different every time,sure she might have a ding or 2 but man she really handles and when I open her up she really screams, now you can take this however you like but if by some chance my wife sees this it will justify even more spending on my little hot rod so we can enjoy the ride together.14 years and still a blast,how does she do it? Put up w/me I mean.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
LOL. Git u'r mind outa da gutter!

Any doctor, lawyer, psychiatrist or social worker would have understood that to be:

Put a fuel pressure gauge between the fuel filter and the fuel rail. Put an inductive timing light on the # 1 spark plug. Drive the vehicle until it stops. Do you still have spark (timing light blinks)? Do you still have fuel pressure?

As far as my "ex wife" goes, I got her battery and ECU as part of the separation settlement, so there is no chance that she could connect to the net to read any of this.

Why should she worry or care?

My 82 280 ZXT is parked right beside her boyfriend, an 84 Ford Ranger. They seem to be very happy together. As a matter of fact, when it is very quiet and there is a full moon, you can hear their parts rust off.

You are correct thou, the more attention and care you direct toward your spouse, house and car the happier they will be towards you.

Humour, humour and more humour is a great medicine for frustration.

Wayne Monteath

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
spark plug wires if they're really old will have cracks and moisture gets in
and shorts. hence when the weather changes you get unpredictable
behavior out of her

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.