ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys as of last week i started driving my truck around, well i started getting cocky enough so i said what the ****. so i went and put the battery in the z and it fired right up, but the check engine light came on. dammit. so i drove it around the block came home, and ran the codes. i got code 13, so i got out unhooked the battery and cleaned the heck out of the temp sensor and why i was at it i cleaned the ptu and put dielectric grease on both. after about 30 minutes i hooked the battery back up and fired it up. ran the codes again and i got 55. so i figured what the heck while im at ill run the o2 codes.

well i can smell gas, as in the z is running quit rich(i had the top down). i ran the codes and the right side blinks once every maybe ten seconds-doesnt that mean that one needs to be replaced? ill do both though.

i went for a spirited run for about 30 minutes and omg, it felt so good. i havent driven nor sat in it for almost 4 months now.

while i was driving the check engine light came on intermittenly (sp?) so i brought her and ran the codes again. wouldnt you know it **** temp sensor again-well ive had it with it, im just going to order in a new one with harness due to this isnt the first time ive had probs with it.

i wanted to hear it one more time before i closed up the garage so i went to start it again, and i got nothing, just cranks. i couldnt get it to fire so i pulled two of the plugs, drivers side front two, and they were soaked in gas-wth. i called my buddy cause he has every problem that is possible happen to his z, or it seems that way, and he said to clean the cas connector, tps, temp sensor, ptu, and replace the fuel filter, and he seems to think its a sparking issue, i on the other hand am not sure.

well so far ive cleaned the ptu, temp sensor, fuel filter, and tps, what im wondering will the cas make it run extremely rich or do i need to start looking elsewhere.

im going to go ahead and order in a new temp sensor/harness, plugs, and o2 from coz as soon as i can-like next week

oh and one other thing, ive had this sorta problem before where the plugs got wet, and all i did was replaced the plugs and cleaned the coolant temp sensor and it went away till now. i had the problem in aug, i got hurt in oct. so it cured the problem for a few months.

could someone please give a little bit of advice and thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.