ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I finally got my motor put back together and dropped it in the Z only to find out that it won't start.

New stuff:
pistons, rings, bearings, block honed, rebuilt heads, plugs

Already checked:
Ignition timing 15 degrees B.T.D.C.
cam timing is correct
all injectors are firing

What's wrong:
the engine turns over fine and sounds as if it wants to start, but won't. When I took the plugs out, they were very wet with gas so I tried cranking with the fuel pump relay unplugged and it almost cranked. Tried this several times, even with a small amount of starter fluid (I know it is a no-no).

so what's causing it to flood out? fuel pressure regulator?
any input would be helpful

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Runs codes to see what if anything shows!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
You didnt say anything about spark but by I assume that you hear at least one spark firing. I would check spark at each cylinder and then check PTU.

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
FYI -- The PTU drives the coils for the plugs. Many folks have issues with connectors and wires that run to it.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
this may sounds stoopid... but do you have a good battery?? it may be dead

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Well he did say it turns over so the battery probably has to be good. Could be a fuel issue.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
When you say fuel issue I assume it is one of two things.

Fuel dampener is having problems.

Or the injectors are stuck open.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had no start a month ago and realized there was no spark. I cleaned the PTU wires and still no go. Then my car threw a code 11 (cas) after it previously was reading code 55. So, I put in a used $30 cas and it worked fine. Good luck.

Brian

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
forgot to add that it has a new ptu. I know that cylinder 1 has a spark, but not sure if the rest do, but they all worked before the rebuild. It seems to be a fuel issue of dumping too much gas in the cylinders and flooding out. I don't think that the injectors are stuck open, but could they be checked by rotating the cas to see if each one clicks?

Guess I'll also check each cylinder for a spark when I go home this weekend, and run the codes again. Btw, the coolant temp sensor didn't prevented your car from starting? I wouldn't have thought that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.