ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i put everything back together yesterday. and got up this morning to finish everything. Now it wont start. Turns over slow at first, then turns over really fast, ran the codes i get 21 and 31 thats it. Checked everything I can think of but visually cant find anything wrong.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had forgotten to connect the Ignition Module...........and I just didnt see it. Then she was idling really rough. i found a vac leak and fixed it now she idles better but still kinda rough every now and then Its probably just the old gas in her im gonna go fill her up with some new gas. she has been siting awhile and now she is back to life!!!!!!!

·
Registered
958 Posts
What are these vac leaks??? Everyone is talking about them and I have no idea what they are. I assume it has somthing to do with the intake but I could be very wrong. Anyone care to explain?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vacuum hose leak. upon drawing air into the intake it creates a vacuum that the Z uses for many different things. infact alot of problems with the Z engine and heater/AC most people will tell you to look for a vac leak.

Vacuum Hose Diagram

Post Edited (Sep 18, 3:30pm)

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
es3:
turn your car on and warm it up. after its warm just let it idle and listen very carefully to the tone. if it purrs smoothly and evenly and there is no change in tone, you probably don't have a vacuum leak. If you do, you will notice the engine speed varies somewhat (look at the tach too). the more it varies, the larger the leak. If you take a look at the whole intake system from the filter to the manifold, you will see several hoses coming out between the AFM and the lower intake manifold. these are mostly all vacuum lines. listen carefully for hisses coming from them at both ends of the vacuum line, or you can use soapy water to detect leaks as well. as the hoses get old, they can split at the end or the clamps can come loose letting air into the system and altering the engine vacuum, which can have significant impacts on gas mileage and power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.