ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday i parked my car, got in it about 4 hours later now it wont crank, so i think,coil fuel pump something, checked for spark got spark at the coil and all the wires.got a glass fuel filter, i can see the gas going through it when i try to start it, it doesnt sound like anything is hitting like the timing is off or something, my timing belt isnt broken cause i have spark at all the wires?tried putting gas in it, maybe bad gas something no avail. i tried to jump start it but it started then quickly died not taking the gas?z masters help this tired ass z owner

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
ran a little bit when you jumped it ? run a fuel pressure and volume test, fuel moving through a glass filter means nothing. set it up on #1 tdc. make sure all timing marks are in alignment, ie , rotor points to #1 tower on dist. cap, timing mark on the balancer is on the pointer, timing belt marks line up. if the belts a little loose or has oil or antifreeze on it it can easily jump a couple of teeth. dont assume the belt is ok cause its getting spark.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ran the codes detenation sensor, chts and idle control switch, do these make it not run?tonight im going to check the timing, my belt had oil and antifreeze on it, i think that is what happend, my question if i jumped timing could it have bent some valves?please help respond etc

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ran ecu codes got detenation sensor, idle control switch and cylinder head temp sensor all of which i dont think make the car not start, this morning i got a good push like 25 miles an hour, it started then but wouldnt take the respond to the gas pedal, ill take the balancer off tonight and check the timing , my belt did have some antifreeze on it so....please help with anymore you can

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.