ZCar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
dang wish i could print that Wiring Gif out to scale!!!

Im gonna chk car out in the morning thx

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Vig, not trying to horn in, but will comment to itawolf on printing.

itawolf, download CutePDFWriter that converts screen images to a readable file.
That will put an option in your Printer selection to use CutePDF as the printer output.
Print the File that Vig's link brings up -- to CutePDF.
A bitmap will be produced that you can name and save to a file where you can find it. The file will be almost 6MB.

Open the file with your Windows Explorer or File Manager. Mine came up in Microsoft Office Picture Viewer. You may have another program to view it.
Use the Edit Picture or cropping feature to save sections of the picture:
On mine, if I dragged the cropping all the way across and up the image to find the size was about 3700 x 1638.
I tried cropping to leave the upper left quadrant. I hit OK and the uncropped part filled the screen area, then tried to print. But that was too big and hung up the print process.
So, try dividing the image into 1/5s, side to side and top to bottom. That I got to print.
Or you might try 1/5s side to side and halfers top to bottom to see if that's too big to print. Probably depends on how much memory your printer has.

You can either save each of the croppings or print right from the crop that shows, after hitting OK for the changes.
When you go to close the Viewer, if you've printed the cropped view and not saved the cropping as a different file, hit Don't Save changes, so you can get the original picture back up again.

You can probably use Fast Draft or whatever your printer calls reduced quality, because the printed image is big enough you'll still be able to read it. Or you can use better quality and print at reduced size in the printer options.

Then you have fun cutting and scotch taping.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Dumbstone!!! You are the man!!!

Yeah my print is a cheap inkjet

well did everything --and when it opens up(after i save it) its still only a small section of a page---could it be because adobe is opening it??

VIG----i'm back at it in a few hours after a little tooth work---thanks for all the help

ITA

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
itawolf, I must have lost my mind. I swore to myself (or at myself now) that I used CutePDF. You're right, it only PDFs the upper corner.

But, what will work: With the picture on the screen, go to Edit at the top between File and View, use the drop down menu to see Select All.
Click on Select All and the picture should become shaded. Then do a Save As to a file. This will produce the bitmap image and you can work with it when you open it.

I'm sorry about the whole CutePDF thing, but at least now you have a PDF converter.
Let me know how that goes.

SIGH!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Ok not much time to work on car b/c of work---dang 6 days aweek crap

I did find the TPS not reading right -----so I got a new one ---havnt installed yet

ok now to the key not starting the car---i was checking all grounds
i did find something different then what one of my cars shows and and what FSM shows

the theft relay in the car now has

WHT BRN/WHT
!
RED BRN/wht ------------This one goes across the front and over to the harness running into the pass side area into ecm area-----i havent chased it down but prob into THeft box or Auto cntrl box---

but the relay in my other non turbo z and the wiring chart show the relay as this

WHT BRN/WHT
!
RED BLK <-------this wire is the ground under the relay box

now if I take the brn/wht wire thats in the car and ground it----the car will start with the key

i'll get some pics up soon

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Starter relay wiring ( 1991 )

E3 ( 1991 )
CONTACTORS
Black/ yellow
Black/ White ( From key switch )

Brown / White 1 side of coil ( path to ground VIA theft relay )

Other side of coil
Black/ white ( jump from above ) Start line from Key ( MANUAL )
White ( same but through the neutral saftey switch for AUTO )

SO your theft assy is tripped or F***ed

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
what i dont get is why my other cars and my FSM says its a BLK wire which is grounded

where as this car has TWO brn/wht wires----which one is where the blk is on others----

So you say this brn/wht wire goes to the theft assy???

but if i have the theft box unhooked....well i see

what should i do???

is there a wiring diagram that shows the 2 brn/whites???

Update ----------------two brn/wht wires ---- one seem to got clutch sw------------while other to starter relay

so my AUTO has a 5speed relay/harness???????????

seems auto cars had a blk wire in the theft relay that was grounded under relay box...WTF

IF you look at c-27 on the 4th one down (wiring diagram on tt&tz) it shows this relay

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
oh yeah my daughters 2+2 1990 ---has 4 fuse holder blocks(12 fuses) in the under hood relay box while all my other cars only have 3-----what gives??

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Vigman said:
Are they BOTH US cars?

yep all 3 of our 300's are ----my daughters is 1 owner---was my wifes first car

the extra fuse block in my daughters car has got me?? ---it also only has 9 relays

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Caution, these wiring diagrams lack some detail the FSM has.... these are similar to the cliff notes versions...
They omit some minor connectors.. the wiring data from point to point seems correct ( on the circuts I have looked at )

But the FSM is the UBER source....

That being said my 91 FSM shows a Black / white

And a brown / white ( manual ) or white ( auto ) going to the same pin on the starter relay coil...
Are you saying you have both the above wires on the same pin...

I would assume

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
now im talking about the THEFT WARNING RELAY

this car has

wht BRN/WHT<-------this one goes to starter relay----could be brn/yel but looks white to me

red BRN/Wht<-------this one goes somewhere around the front then into pass floor/ecm area---i havnt pinned it out yet----mine does have a wht stripe but white dashes every few inches---ah crap o know ---its a brw wire with inch marks

while my other cars and my FSM have this

WHT Brn/Wht<-----------to starter relay--------could be brn/yel but looks white to me

red Blk <--------it is grounded under relay box to frame ----I cut the loom back on my running car -----and this blk wire splices into the main ground wires on the loom--aka ground under relay box---

http://www.ttxtz.com/tech/lee/Wiring-Components_24-31.gif

^^^^^ C-27

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
That's where these diagrams fall short
1991 FSM
Theft warning relay
E-9
contactors
Black to GND relay normally closed ( AUTO VERSION )
OR
Brown to clutch safety switch ( one side ) flip side of clutch switch to ground.

Brown white relay swinger to Starter relay coil Ground path

Coil
Red signal from theft control unit E103-M-8 CHANGES TO ORANGE to M91 theft control unit. line goes LOW ( gnd ) when car is being stolen~

White power for relay coil hot in ON & Start
When the anti theft relay is NOT energized start is enabled.
AND there is a pad on the clutch interlock switch which has been known to break off so CONFIRM when the clutch is IN
that this brown
Brown to clutch safety switch ( one side ) flip side of clutch switch to ground.
Is grounded out....

try that on for size

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
this car was running fine ----then i rebuilt the motor and now this????

could this car have been a 5speed at one time-- or a factory goof---i've only owned it a few years---

you think just grounding the brn wire would work??

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
IS it possible that either the connector for the auto tranny switch is unplugged or the switch is damaged ( on the side of the tranny ) ?

Yes grounding the brown wire will make the relay go CLICK and allow the start signal to get to the starter motor...
BUT

If you have the car in drive or reverse and use the key and the car starts.... the power train will engage

21 - 40 of 187 Posts