Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh you guys have been great !!

The only thing is I had to drive my car up on ramps ..... it was running JUST before we removed the water pump.....so this bizarre......just in case it was something to do with the distributor I went out and bought a new cap and rotor, after this the car backfired.....

everything seems to be right....it just doesnt make sense

on a compression stroke how do tell if it is on number 1 or 6 ??

for some reason it seems to be getting no compression ????

could the fuel pump or fuse go if it was running I drove it up on ramps....changed the water pump.....then it wont start ???

could it just be the timing or am I looking in the wrong place??
WHAT THE **** COULD CAUSE MY CAR TO NOT START AFTER REPLCING THE WATER PUMP WHEN IT WAS RUNNING 2 SECONDS BEFORE !!!

I DONT KNOW WHAT IT COULD BE ???
any ideas ???

COULD IT BE CAUSE IT IS ON A SLANT UP ON RAMPS???

thanks so much you guys for your answers, I just DONT want to get rid of my car, I want to fix it, and you guys have come to my rescue, thanks so much.....- Lori

·
Registered
968 Posts
Re: WONT START- TRIED EVERYTHING

Did you remove or mess around with the distributor? Double check to see you have all the spark plug wires are on the correct spark plug. 9 out of 10 if you get back fire then your firing order of the spark plugs are out of order.
V.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Re: WONT START- TRIED EVERYTHING

Im not sure if this would cause back firing but make sure that CHTS cylinder head tempeture sensor isnt unpluged since it is possible to unplug changing a water pump, its on the drivers side head in the front.

·
Registered
275 Posts
wait, u said u just replaced ur water pump, is that all you replaced in there? didnt touch timing belt? if you didnt, doing the water pump should not effect timing at all.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Which leads to the next question. Did you or a friend do the work or did you take it to a garage? If it was a garage.......well, shadier things have happened to make a buck if you catch my drift. If you or a friend did it, check the timing like the guys above suggested. Good luck.

·
Registered
104 Posts
he said he had no compression, if you have no compression thier is an obvious problem with it downstairs somewhere. if the pistons are moving thier has to be compression if everything is okay downstairs that is, i would make sure the timing is on, the chts has no effect on the the car starting up, i know the 88 and above at least

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.