ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would be stumped with this senario as well. Are you sure you are getting no spark to the spark plugs, or will the car just not start? The fuel pressure regulator certainly has nothing to do with the ignition system. If, indeed, you are now getting no spark at the plugs it is either a strange coincidence, or you inadvertently knocked some coil or ignition wire loose during the replacement of the regulator. Put a meter or test light on the coil to see if you are getting current to it when the ignition is switched on. Check for spark between the coil and the distributor (both ends) by holding the end of the coil wire about half inch from the distributor or the coil as you try to start the car. Why were you replacing the fuel pressure regulator? Did a fuel pressure gauge indicate that the pressure was down or that you had no fuel pressure? Did the car run before you replaced the regulator?

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Year, Make and Model....

Is an important bit of information.

Why did you change the FPR?

Wayne Monteath
Masham, Quebec.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry bad discription. 1980 280zx running rich, afm working, ignition system working, vacume working, throttle valve sensor ok. So now I looking at my fuel pressure regulator, and air regulator.
The car was running poorly untill I replaced the fuel regulator, and now it won't start. engine turns but I get no combustion.
Thanks for your reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.