ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, thanks to all who have responded to my earlier posts. You guys.. er people (have to be pc ya know..) are an invaluable source of information.

First, I have an 80 280zx which has several broken electrical connectors. All of my injectors, most every sensor and switch that I can see, all of them have broken or loose connectors on them. I want to replace them, but because of the sheer number (6 for the injectors, 5 different switches, Air flow meter connector, etc.) @ 13 a pop (Motorsport or Dealer, same price), I am considering replacing the whole engine wiring harness. Any recomendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

jA

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have the same dillema; the electrical on the engine is shot.I know of a place that sells a new engine harness. IPS in canoga park , check the archives .(forgot the number) I haven't tryed them yet (read:NO MONEY). But I would assume that the clips to the injectors and sensors would be sold separetly.MOTORSPORTS auto sells for 6$ a pop.(Have you noticed that this place is getting tremendous advertisement here?! SCARY!!!
Stan.(wishing i had a TURBO!....)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
jA,
I understand where you are coming from. I had a similar discussion with a good Z mechanic about two weeks ago. The entire harness should run about $300 and it should include everything from the connector downat the ECU at your left foot to all the motor connections, sensors, injectors, etc. You should not have to buy anything else.
If you do you should be able to get bare connectors from your Nissan dealer for about $5 each. You'll need 7 injector, two sensor, and an AFM and Throttle switch connector along with a couple bullet style connectors for your oil pressure and engine temperature gage sensor.
Maybe some others on a ZX? This would cover them all on a 280Z.
I'm seriously considering the entire harness so the wiring will be renewed also.
Phantom

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just called IPS their new entire harness is priced at hefty 630$ with IZCC discount. they sounded like they new what they were talking about. BTW they will have a catalogue in about two weeks.Phone:818 7091263 Faximile:818 7091240 Orders only 818 9492311

·
Registered
406 Posts
> First, thanks to all who have responded to
> my earlier posts. You guys.. er people (have
> to be pc ya know..) are an invaluable source
> of information.

> First, I have an 80 280zx which has several
> broken electrical connectors. All of my
> injectors, most every sensor and switch that
> I can see, all of them have broken or loose
> connectors on them. I want to replace them,
> but because of the sheer number (6 for the
> injectors, 5 different switches, Air flow
> meter connector, etc.) @ 13 a pop
> (Motorsport or Dealer, same price), I am
> considering replacing the whole engine
> wiring harness. Any recomendations or
> suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

> jA

For connectors try Mike McGinnis at Banzai Motors in MD. He has injector connectors as well as the subharness that connects the water temp sensor and thermotime switch to the EFI harness. He also has some of the factory decals that go in the engine compartment. His number is 301-937-5746 ([email protected]). If anyone talks to him I'd appreciate and email from you letting me know if he still has this kinda stuff. I talked to him a long time ago and have been dropping his name here all the time. I just don't want to keep doing it if he's out of these parts. Thanks!

Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.