ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 86 non-turbo 300zx with an unusable entry lock on the drivers door. Would a keyless entry work on this model? If so, any brand name recommendations?

The passanger door lock works fine but doesn't unlock the drivers side and it's a pain reaching through to unlock each time!

If a keyless entry would not work, can I switch the lock from passenger side to driver side? Difficult?

Thanks for your time.

Rick

·
Registered
145 Posts
what exactly doesnt work? does the lock "knob" just move and not lock/unlock the car? simple fix = little black bar that slides right behind/inside of the handle/lock unit. i had one of these go out on me before. i think i have a few layin around if ya need one.

as for the wireless entry, i have the viper 300 esp. it locks/unlocks both doors, lock when i start the car, unlock when i turn the car off. its a good system. works for me

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
if you install a keyless entry system, you will no longer have the factory alarm activate when locking the door. At least, not without a couple extra wires to set and unset the alarm.

Get a nice alarm with keyless entry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. The previous owner tells me that someone tried to break in throught driver door and now the key doesn't turn at all in the driver door lock. The interior lock works well, just can't unlock from outside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.