ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the firing order but I need to know what order the wires go on the distributor cap. Any help would be great. I have a 74 260z. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the firing order.... correct? I really need to know how the wires plug into the dist. cap. If I am standing on the drivers side looking at the distributor, how do I know which hole is the number 1, 2, 3, 4...... Thanks if you can help.

Tommy

·
Registered
645 Posts
Find top dead center) and notice where rotor is pointing...it will be pointing at number 1 cylinder position. This is usually somewhere between the 7 o'clock and 9 o'clock position if you are on the driver's side looking at the distributor. The above assumes your oil pump and distributor are properly aligned.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
No.1 goes about 10/11 o'clock position when you are standing at the driver side. That's the one above the radiator side cap clip

·
Registered
589 Posts
All of the above are correct, as I found distributor cap spark plug wire locations for mine. My distributor cap had a large 1 on the side of the distributor cap (the location to which yo2001 referred). Good Luck! Ernest 240/260Z Las Vegas

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes tha cap should be maeked , but if not remember the crank turns twice for every once the cam does, so be sure you get number one, not number six. tdc is found by pulling number one plug and covering the hole. tap the disabled motor over until co9mpression is felt. thats #1.

·
Registered
184 Posts
if you are looking at the cap on the car the #1wire goes on the left side of the clip that hold the cap on.the clip thats more to the front of the car.hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.