ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the heck do you get these set up to roll up+down smooth??
Ijust put a new one from msa in the drivers door on my 71 and can't get it to roll down nicely. It DOES go up smooth in some settings, but about 1/2 way down it either stops or makes a harsh clunk.
I am using the 2 guide channel adjustments ala haynes, but the book isn't much help with actually getting things to work well.
This is vry frustrating since you can't SEE whats going on in there, Iwas a little suprised that installing the regulator was much easier than I feared! But adjusting the damned ting is getting to me.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
You just have to play with it, it's a pain I know but what I have found helps is to roll the window all the way up. Then back off the adjuster nuts and bolts just a little so they will move. Slowly lower the window half way and then snug everything up. From there you might have to just tweak things a little.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yea I've been playin with it for a while, got to where the clunk on the way down is pretty mild, almost livable. I'm tempted to call it good enough, but since it's a new part it would be nice for it to work right, especially cos I know the way I am,once I button it up there is never gonna be a day that I'll take the door apart just to fix a slight hitch!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.