ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 na I picked up 2 months ago, and I'm slowly learning. After checking the dealer for the moulding (upper hard strips, and lower soft strips), they gave me a price of around $150 for the upper pieces each, and around the same for the lower. I might be off by a little, I dont remember what he told me exactly, Ill have to check, but is there a secret site I need to know about where I can get good prices for mouldings?

Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Coz Rox

<http://www.conceptzperformance.com/Cart/description.php?II=667&Car_Type=NIS300&UID=2006010220110868.53.114.213>

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
Many of us have painted them instead of replacing -

depends on the kind of shape they are in. Painting is pretty easy and low cost too!

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I have the KurumaZ window moldings on my Z. I'm very happy with them. You can see here the difference between the new components and the 15 year old OEM's. The 1/4 glass windows have the KurumaZ moldings. The ones on the doors are the old ones. The pics do not really do them justice.

I had ordered their set of moldings for the sides of the windshield, t-tops, and the little pieces behind the t-tops, but my consumer experience was less than satisfactory so I returned them and ordered OEM parts from Coz.

Post Edited (Jan 2, 8:39pm)

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
My windows and doors have KurumaZ parts. The other ones that go up the windshield and over the roof (that I haven't installed yet) are OEM from Coz. There is no noticable difference between the two products.

MY issue with KurumaZ was not with the quality. It was with pricing and the fact that my order was not filled/shipped correctly. First they would not honor the price that was posted on their website. They said the price had gone up but they had not updated the site. Then they shipped me two passenger side windshield moldings and failed to include the two small pieces behind the t-tops with my order. They also did not include the fastening clips that they told me in an e-mail were included with the kit. That was enough to convince me that i should take my business elsewhere.

I will say that they were polite and easy to deal with for the return of their products.

Post Edited (Jan 2, 8:51pm)

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
So does KuramaZ make the other moldings that go around the windshield, tttops, etc? I know that kit Coz sells is by KuramaZ, curious if they just make the window moldings and the others are Nissan OEM

Edit: Ok Coz's kit has the KuramaZ window moldings and the OEM windshild and ttop moldings. Hmmm

Post Edited (Jan 2, 8:44pm)

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Not sure. Here are the links...

2+0:

<http://kurumaz.com/300zx/21.html>

2+2:

<http://kurumaz.com/300zx/22.html>

I should also add that they have still not updated the prices to those that they quoted to me.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
169 for all the moldings? jeez

Ok im confused. I'm guessing they make those, but that seems pretty cheap for what other prices I have seen. Wonder why Coz doesn't sell their version of these moldings

Post Edited (Jan 2, 8:52pm)

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
The 2+2 is listed at $159 and they charged me $179. I ended up paying about $190 from Coz for all 6 pieces and the necessary clips (plus 2 extras, just in case) and am perfectly happy with my purchase. I'm a stickler for small details like that though. Now I want to replace the molding around my hatch glass.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I believe at one time someone had a set that included all the moldings we've been talking about (10 pieces) for around that price.

Definitely go with the KurumaZ parts from Coz for the doors and 1/4 windows. You have to replace the entire 1/4 glass on either side to replace the moldings if you go OEM. They're connected to each other.

Post Edited (Jan 2, 8:59pm)

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Yeah Coz does in the link I put. Before I thought KurumaZ made all those moldings in the kit and that was why it was cheaper than before. I must have just looked for the wrong pieces or something.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.